This summer, prepare this Peach Margarita Recipe for the ultimate refreshing beverage. Made with tequila, Peach Schnapps, peach nectar, lime juice, and a tajin rim, it’s a treat in every sip!
Delicious and easy peach margaritas
Classic lime margaritas are always good, especially when enjoyed on a sun-drenched patio with nice summery music on the radio! That said, sometimes it’s fun to mix up the flavor a bit.
Today, we’re doing just that!
This peach margarita recipe is the perfect summer beverage, made with a blend of tequila, Peach Schnapps, and peach nectar. To stay true to margaritas, we’ll throw in some lime juice for that nice, much-needed tangy kick.
The final touch comes with the delectable tajin-lined rim. It’s the perfect way to sneak some mild heat into the drink, and it tastes delicious with the cooling flavor of the peach!
Ingredients in this peach margarita recipe
Are you ready for a peachy flavor explosion?! This recipe uses a mix of yummy peach (and non) ingredients to create a deliciously refreshing flavor!
- Tequila: First up, you will need 4 oz of blanco tequila. You can use gold, but blanco is best here!
- Peach Schnapps: 2 oz of Peach Schnapps is going to help us achieve the right peachy taste.
- Peach nectar: Most importantly, 4 oz of peach nectar is going to really drive home the yummy peach flavor. I used Goya.
- Lime juice: To add a nice tangy flavor (a must in any margarita!), use the juice of 2 limes.
- Garnishes: Finally, you’ll need a bit of tajin and lime slices. Tajin for the rim, and lime slices for the edge-of-the-glass garnish!
Tools used to make the best peach margarita recipe
You’ll only need a couple of kitchen tools to make this recipe.
- Cutting board and knife (to prepare the limes)
- Ounce measuring tool (if you don’t have one, you can use a shot glass to get approximate measurements. A shot glass holds 1.5oz, so measure accordingly.)
- Two glasses
How to make a peach margarita
Grab your shaker, and let’s get mixing!
To begin, prepare the glasses by rubbing the rims with a lime slice and then dipping in the tajin. Then, add ice to the glasses.
Next, add ice to the shaker, followed by the tequila, Schnapps, peach nectar, and lime juice.
Shake vigorously and then pour into the glasses. Top each glass with a lime wedge.
How to double this recipe
Making peach margaritas for a crowd? Not a problem! The recipe above creates two servings, and doubling it couldn’t be easier. To do so, use the following measurements:
- 8 oz of blanco tequila
- 4 oz of Peach Schnapps
- 8 oz of peach nectar
- Juice of 4 limes
Note: Depending on the size of your shaker, you will likely still need to make 2 margaritas at a time. If you’d like to make everything at once, feel free to use a pitcher!
This sounds good but I don’t like tequila. What can I substitute?
If preferred, you can use vodka in this recipe! Because we’re still using Peach Schnapps and nectar, you will still achieve that peach margarita flavor that we’re going for.
Can I use triple sec?
You can, though the final flavor will taste slightly different. If using it, do so in place of the Peach Schnapps.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Fruity drink recipes are always so refreshing! Here are some more to try this summer.
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 4oz blanco tequila
- 2 oz peach schnapps
- 4oz peach nectar (I used Goya brand)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Tajin + lime slices
- Prepare glasses by rubbing rim with lime slice and rimming in tajin. Add ice.
- To a large shaker, add ice. Then add in tequila, schnapps, peach nectar, and lime juice.
- Shake vigorously, and then pour into two glasses. Top with lime wedge.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂