Grab your crostini and pita chips and dig into this Whipped Feta with Hot Honey recipe! Made with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and scallions, it’s the perfect refreshing summer dip.
The perfect whipped feta dip
Dip is always a good idea, especially when it’s a creamy feta dip flavored with hot honey and delicious toppings! Today, we’re preparing just that: whipped feta with hot honey. It’s a delicious, creamy dip perfect for eating atop your favorite crackers, pita bread, or veggies!
This hot honey feta dip recipe is great for more reason than one. The flavor is top notch, but it’s also easy to prepare! It comes together in just around 10 minutes, and it’s a great dip to include at the pool party buffet this summer.
Ingredients in this whipped feta recipe
The ingredinets for this recipe are made of two groups: those for the whipped feta base, and those that make up the toppings!
- Feta cheese: First up is the feta! Use one 8 oz block of your choice — any brand is fine.
- Greek yogurt: Next, 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt will help the feta reach the correct consistency.
- Lemon juice: Add a bit of a tangy flavor by including 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Olive oil: 3 tbsp of olive oil is needed for texture and flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: Lastly, add the final touch with 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Olive oil: The first ingredient for the toppings will be 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Scallions: Then, add extra flavor with 1 bunch of chopped scallions (be sure to discard the stringy tops).
- Garlic: 3 cloves of minced garlic makes all of the difference!
- Almonds: 1/2 cup of almonds add a nice crunch. Be sure to crush them up before adding to the feta.
- Red pepper flakes: Add a bit of heat with 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- Hot honey: Last but not least, complete the feta with 1/4 cup of hot honey!
Tools needed to make this recipe
The kitchen tools needed for this feta dip recipe are comprised of only four items: a food processor, spatula, saucepan, and a serving bowl. You will also need 1/2 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/2 cup-sized measuring cups.
How to make whipped feta with hot honey
To begin, add the feta, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil to a food processor. Process, scraping down the sides as needed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. Add the salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Then, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the scallions are browned. Turn off the heat and set the scallions aside.
Pour the whipped feta into a serving bowl. Top with the scallions and garlic and any remaining oil.
Add the almonds and red pepper flakes and drizzle with hot honey.
Serve with crostini.
How to serve whipped feta
Hot honey feta dip can be served in a number of ways. I recommend crostini — the dip tastes phenomenal alongside the crunch of the bread! However, you can also enjoy feta dip in all of its glory atop pita bread, pita chips, or veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Optionally top with an additional something by adding toasted sesame seeds!
Whipped feta with hot honey should stay nice and fresh for around 3 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain freshness!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
In the mood for some more dip ideas? Try some of these. The Hot Taco Dip is a popular favorite!
- Hot Taco Dip Recipe
- Light Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Chicken Spinach Artichoke Dip
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 8oz block feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped (stringy tops discarded)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped small
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup hot honey
- In a food processor, add feta, yogurt, lemon juice, and olive oil to a food processor. Scrape down sides as needed, until dip is smooth and fluffy. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Pour whipped feta into serving bowl. Top with scallions and garlic and any remaining oil.
- Add almonds, red pepper flakes, and drizzle hot honey on top.
- Serve with crostini.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂