Whip up this sweet and salty Hot Honey Whipped Ricotta Recipe made with sweet potatoes, sage, and pomegranate arils! Serve with crostini, veggies, chips, and more.
Whipped ricotta with honey is a must try
I’m sure most people will agree: a dip recipe is always a good idea. And when a dip can be enjoyed with multiple foods (AKA dip “vehicles”), it earns serious bonus points!
This hot honey whipped ricotta recipe is a delicious dip made with an olive oil and cheese base. We add flavor with a sweet potato layer before finishing it off with sage, salt, pepper, pomegranate arils, and hot honey! When all is said and done, you can enjoy this delicious recipe with your favorite dippable vegetables, pita bread, chips, crostini, and more.
Ingredients in this hot honey whipped ricotta recipe
Here’s a breakdown of everything you’ll need to create your own homemade honey ricotta. From the sweet potato and sage to the pomegranate arils and honey, we’re packing in some serious flavor! That mix of salty, sweet, and hot is to die for.
- Ricotta cheese: As is likely expected, the base of this recipe is made of ricotta! You will need 16 oz of the cheese (a whole milk version).
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp of olive oil contribute to the flavor and texture of the recipe.
- Salt & pepper: Next, we will mix in 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Butter: 2 tbsp of butter will help make the ricotta extra creamy.
- Sweet potato: For the sweet potato portion of the recipe, you will need 1/2 of a large potato, diced very small.
- Sage: 5 sage leaves add a delicious, earthy flavor to the dip. Roughly chop the sage before adding to the recipe.
- Salt & pepper: Add a bit more salt and pepper next. Use 1/4 tsp of each.
- Pomegranate arils: Add some sweet flavor with 1/4 cup of pomegranate arils!
- Hot honey: Last but not least, this whipped ricotta dip is made complete with the addition of 1/4 cup of hot honey.
Kitchen tools you’ll need to make this recipe
To make this whipped ricotta recipe, you will need a food processor, serving bowl, small spatula, and large saucepan.
Grab 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tbsp, and 1/4 cup sized measuring cups to properly measure out all of your ingredients.
How to make homemade hot honey whipped ricotta
When a food processor is involved, the recipe usually gets 5 times easier! Lay off the manual mixing and let the processor get the ricotta and oil mixed to perfection. Then, we’ll prepare the potatoes, assemble the dish, and enjoy!
Next, use a large saucepan to heat 1 tbsp of butter over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Then, add the sage and 1 additional tbsp of butter. Cook for another 5 minutes until the potatoes are softened.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
Pour the potatoes over the ricotta, top with pomegranate arils, and drizzle with hot honey.
How to enjoy this whipped ricotta recipe
Whipped ricotta can be served in a number of ways.
Enjoy it with vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, or bell pepper slices. You could even enjoy it with cherry tomatoes!
For a saltier snack, go with thick pita chips, pita bread, or crostini.
Optionally prepare whipped feta without the heat
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Craving some more dip recipes? Here are four more to try!
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- In a food processor, whip together ricotta, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour into serving bowl.
- In a large sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp butter over medium high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add in sage and 1 additional tbsp butter. Cook another 5 minutes until potatoes are softened.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Pour sweet potatoes over ricotta, top with pomegranate arils, and drizzle hot honey.
- Serve with crostini, veggies, or chips!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂