Give salad night a makeover with Grilled Steak and Peach Salad. This delicious meal packs in the flavor with goat cheese, avocado, and a mouth watering marinade!
The most delicious steak and peach salad
You know what they say, a salad doesn’t have to be veggies-only to be considered a salad! Well, I don’t know if “they” say that, but I do! And today, we’re whipping up the most non-salad salad you’ll ever try.
It’s filled with flavorful marinated steak and peaches, and topped with goat cheese! How’s that for a salad?!
This is one of my favorite summertime dishes because it requires you to get the grill out, which is a summery act in itself. Plus, the peaches and goat cheese lend a totally refreshing element to the dish that makes it almost addicting!
Ingredients in grilled steak and peach salad
As far as ingredients go, we’ll be using one list for the salad itself and another for the marinade. You probably have most of the marinade ingredients in your spice cabinet!
- Steak: Start with 1lb of flank steak. This is going to be the star of this dish!
- Arugula: Next, you’ll need one 8oz bag of arugula.
- Avocados: Slice up 2 avocados to add some healthy fat and delicious flavor to the salad.
- Peaches: Next, slice up 2 peaches!
- Corn: Grill up 2 cobs of corn, and then slice the corn off of the cobs to prepare for adding to the salad.
- Goat cheese: Finally, throw in 1/2 cup of goat cheese for a refreshing flavor component!
- Garlic: Start with 2 cloves of garlic for the marinade. Gotta have the garlic!
- Dijon mustard: Then, add in 2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Balsamic: Give the flavor a bite with 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Olive Oil: Add in 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- Seasonings: Last but not least, add 1 tbsp of rosemary, 1 tbsp of oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Kitchen items you’ll need for this dish
To create your salad, you’ll need a cutting board and knife for some of the ingredients, followed by two mixing bowls, a stirring utensil, a Ziplock bag, and tongs or another grill tool for grilling the steak.
For measuring, you will need 1 tbsp, 1/2 cup, and 3/4 cup.
How to make salad with steak and peaches
If you can grill up an easy steak, you can create this salad like it’s nothing! This dish is incredibly easy to prepare, but feels like a totally luxury salad.
To begin, mix together all of the marinade and dressing ingredients until they’re well combined. Set aside 1/2 of that dressing for later.
Add the rest of the dressing to a Ziplock bag with the flank steak and let it marinade for 2 hours (or longer — overnight is best!).
When the steak is ready to cook, heat the grill to medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. This will depend on the thickness of the steak.
Let the steak rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
To a large bowl or plate, add the arugula, peaches, and avocado, and then add slices of the steak. Top with goat cheese.
Drizzle the remainder of the dressing over the salad, and enjoy!
Apart from the steak and peaches (because, let’s be real — those are what make this a steak and peach salad), you can really get crazy with the toppings. What do you love on a salad? Chances are, you can include it! Here are some extra toppings that would work particularly well.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Glazed pecans or walnuts
- Feta (as a swap for goat cheese)
Leftover grilled steak and peach salad should be kept refrigerated and enjoyed within 2 days. If possible, store the dressing separately to prevent soggy arugula.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Craving some more refreshing salad goodness? Try these recipes!
- Fresh Watermelon Salad with Feta
- Creamy Italian Chopped Salad
- Zucchini Noodle Caprese Salad with Walnut Pesto
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 1lb flank steak
- 1 8oz bag arugula
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 cobs of corn, grilled and sliced off the cob
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
- salt + pepper to taste
- Mix together all marinade/dressing ingredients until well combined and set aside 1/2 cup of dressing for later.
- Add the rest of the dressing to a ziplock bag with the flank steak and let marinade 2 hours – overnight.
- When steak is ready to cook, heat grill over medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes each side or until internal temp reaches 140F. This will depend on thickness of steak.
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- To a large bowl or plate, add arugula, peaches, avocado, corn, then add slices of steak, and top with goat cheese.
- Drizzle remainder of dressing over salad.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂