In this dinner recipe, pasta gets a tangy flavor makeover with the addition of a creamy lemon sauce. Lemon Cauliflower Pasta with Grilled Chicken yields 10 servings and is delicious, filling, and perfect for the whole family!
Delicious and hearty cauliflower lemon pasta
There’s something about adding lemon to a dish that simply creates an extra layer. And when we’re adding it to pasta, it just seems extra delicious!
This lemon cauliflower pasta with grilled chicken is a delicious and tangy recipe made with spaghetti noodles coated in a deliciously zesty cauliflower sauce. To complete the meal, we add grilled chicken to the top!
Lemon chicken pasta yields 10 servings, making it great for a crowd or meal prep for two!
Ingredients in lemon cauliflower pasta with grilled chicken
This lemon cauliflower pasta recipe is made in two parts: the cauliflower sauce and the grilled chicken! Of course, it all comes together with the addition of spaghetti noodles.
- Pasta: Any pasta will work in the amount of 1 16oz box. I prefer to use regular spaghetti or long noodles.
Lemon Cauliflower Sauce
- Butter: First up for the sauce is 2 tbsp of butter.
- Garlic: Add flavor by including 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Cauliflower: For the veggie portion, use 1 large head of cauliflower. Break it into florets before adding to the recipe.
- Water: 1 cup of water will be necessary to get the saucy consistency.
- Salt & pepper: Add additional seasonings with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Lemon: Finish off the sauce by adding the juice of 1 large lemon.
Lemon Grilled Chicken
- Chicken breasts: 10 servings of this delicious pasta calls for 5-6 thinly sliced chicken breasts. I like to buy them thinly sliced, but regular slices will also work! Either butterfly thicker pieces or pound them down.
- Lemons: Begin adding flavor to the chicken by using the juice of 2 lemons.
- Olive oil: Next, you will need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Garlic: Add flavor with 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Spices: Then, include spices by using the following: 1 tsp of oregano, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- To garnish: Garnish with fresh parsley!
Tools needed to create this recipe
This grilled chicken pasta recipe comes together with the use of a few key kitchen tools. Here is a full list:
- Large mixing bowl
- Stirring utensil
- Large dutch oven or saucepan
- Tongs or another grill utensil
- Cutting board
For measuring, you will need the following sized measuring cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/3 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make lemon cauliflower pasta with grilled chicken
Making lemon cauliflower pasta is easy! We’ll start by preparing the chicken marinade before boiling the pasta, making the sauce, and finally, grilling the chicken.
To begin, prepare the chicken portion of the recipe by mixing the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Then, add the chicken to the bowl and let marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the box. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
For the cauliflower sauce, heat a large dutch oven or saucepan over high heat. Add the butter and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until very fragrant.
Next, add the cauliflower and water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and let simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
Set the grill to medium-high and spray with nonstick spray.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Note, because the chicken is thin, the pieces will cook very fast. Once cooked, remove from the grill and let rest.
Once the cauliflower is cooked, add the ingredients to a blender followed by the juice of one lemon. Blend until completely smooth.
Add the pasta to the saucepan and pour the cauliflower sauce on top. Mix until well combined.
Slice the chicken into strips and add to the pasta. Top with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Can you make this without chicken?
You certainly can! The lemon cauliflower sauce makes a delicious pasta sauce whether you’re including chicken or not. If you’d prefer to omit the meat, simply pair the pasta and sauce with a side of something green for a complete and more filling meal!
Lemon cauliflower pasta with grilled chicken is a great make-ahead meal. Simply store leftovers in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days. It is best to store each part of the recipe (the noodles, the sauce, and the chicken) separately.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
In the mood to keep the grill out this week? Here are some more delicious dinners that come together with the use of the grill!
- Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
- Grilled Steak and Peach Salad
- Honey BBQ Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Grilled BBQ Shrimp Salad
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 1 16oz box pasta, I prefer spaghetti or a long noodle
Lemon Cauliflower Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large lemon, juiced
Lemon Grilled Chicken
- 5–6 thinly sliced chicken breasts (I buy them thinly sliced but you can butterfly thicker ones or pound down)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare chicken by mixing all lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken breasts to bowl and let marinade for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Drain and set aside.
- For the cauliflower sauce, heat a large dutch oven or sauce pan over high heat. Add butter and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Add cauliflower and water to saucepan with butter and garlic and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let simmer 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- While cauliflower is boiling, turn on grill to medium-high heat to cook chicken. Spray grill with nonstick spray. Because the breasts are so thin, they will cook very fast.
- Place chicken on grill and cook about 4 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Take chicken off grill and let rest.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, add all ingredients to a blender and then add the juice of one lemon. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add pasta to sauce pan, then pour the cauliflower sauce on top. Mix until well combined.
- Slice up chicken in strips and add to pasta, then top with fresh parsley! Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂