Enjoy a hearty and satisfying salad with this Grilled Greek Chicken Salad recipe. From olives and pepperoncini to feta cheese and tomatoes, this salad contains all of the great flavors a salad should!
A delicious and filling salad option
If there is one type of meal that always hits the spot, it’s a salad loaded up with plenty of mix-ins and lots of extra protein. This grilled Greek chicken salad is just that! Between the chicken, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, pepperoncini, and feta cheese, this dish certainly doesn’t skimp out on the flavor.
This salad is fabulous for whipping together for a quick meal — just be sure you’ve given the chicken time to marinate! The delicious marinade is made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and more, for a tasty mix perfect for adding flavor to the dish.
Serve this up alongside your favorite garlic bread or potato side for a bigger meal, or enjoy the salad simply as-is!
Ingredients in this Greek grilled chicken salad recipe
This recipe has two parts: the salad and the marinade. You can use a pre-made marinade, but for the most flavor, I recommend this quick and easy homemade version.
- Chicken breasts: 1 lb of thinly sliced chicken breast will act as the main protein in this dish. Because it’s thinly sliced, it will cook extra fast!
- Romaine: For the salad base, use 2 heads of chopped romaine.
- Kalamata olives: Add flavor with 1/2 cup of chopped kalamata olives (a Greek salad staple!).
- English cucumber: Add crunchy flavor with 1 cup of chopped English cucumber.
- Tomatoes: Next, include 2 diced tomatoes. You can use roma, beefsteak, cherry, plum, or whatever tomato variety you prefer. You will need to adjust the number of tomatoes based on the size — eyeballing the amount will be just fine!
- Red onion: Add potent flavor with 1 small diced red onion.
- Pepperoncini: 1/2 cup of pepperoncini will add so much delicious flavor!
- Feta cheese: Finish off the salad with 1/2 cup of your favorite feta cheese.
- Olive oil: 1/2 cup of olive oil serves as the base of the chicken marinade.
- Red wine vinegar: Add a slight bite with 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Garlic: 3 cloves of minced garlic (or 3/4 tsp of powder) will add delicious flavor.
- Mustard: Next, throw in 1 tsp of mustard. Dijon will work best here!
- Seasonings: Finally, complete the marinade with 1/2 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Tools you’ll need to create this recipe
Though Greek chicken salad is an easy recipe to create, it does require a hand full of kitchen tools. The following list includes everything you’ll need from start to finish.
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Medium mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chopping knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Nonstick spray
- Measuring cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup
How to make grilled Greek chicken salad
The best way to create this salad is to prepare the marinade and apply it to the chicken, and then get to work preparing all of the veggies and salad mix-ins. Once the chicken is done marinating, simply grill, and then assemble the salad!
To begin, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Pour half over the chicken breasts and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
Prep the salad by chopping all of the vegetables. Add the lettuce to a big bowl and top with the olives, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and pepperoncini.
Preheat the grill to medium-high (around 400°F) and spray with nonstick spray. Once hot, add the chicken. Because we are using thin chicken breasts, they will take about 3 minutes per side. If using thicker breasts, they will take longer. Take the chicken off once the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F.
Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting and adding to the top of the salad.
Sprinkle feta cheese on top followed by the rest of the marinade/dressing. Enjoy!
If you’d like to add even more delicious ingredients to your salad, you have plenty of options! Here are some more items you can include:
- Diced green, red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
- Black olives
- Diced jalapeño
- Lemon juice
This Greek salad with chicken stores quite well! To save leftovers, simply add them to an airtight container and refrigerate. The salad will stay delicious for about 2-3 days. Some say that the extra time gives it even more flavor, as the different ingredients are able to come together and further complement one another!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
A hearty salad is always a great idea. Here are some more delicious and filling salad options to try!
- Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Grilled Steak and Peach Salad
- Moroccan Couscous Salad
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 1lb thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Pour half over chicken breasts and let marinade for at least an hour.
- Prep salad by chopping all veggies. Add lettuce to a big bowl, and top with olives, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and pepperoncini.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (around 400F) and spray with nonstick spray. Once hot, add chicken. Because we are using thin chicken breasts, they will take about 3 minutes per side. If using thicker breasts, they will take longer. Take chicken off once internal temperature of 165F.
- Let chicken rest 10 minutes before cutting and putting on top of salad.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top, along with remainder of the dressing.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂