Spice up your chicken salad with this Easy Curry Chicken Salad recipe. Made with Greek yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, and curry powder, the dressing is nothing short of mouth watering!
The best chicken salad you’ll ever try
If you ever find yourself in the mood for chicken salad but feel bored with the same old flavor, you need to try this. It’s the chicken salad that you know and love, but with an extra flavor that transforms it into something totally new: curry.
With just one flavor addition, this easy curry chicken salad becomes something new and delicious that you’re bound to love!
Like always, this chicken salad is filled with veggies like carrots, celery, and onion. I kept with tradition and used raisins, and also added a nutty crunch with sliced almonds!
And for the flavorful dressing, we’re using a mayo and Greek yogurt combo for a rich, creamy addition that also packs in the protein.
Ingredients in simple curry chicken salad
For this recipe we’re starting with the base (chicken, veggies, seasonings), and then we’re making a delicious curry dressing to go on top. Once everything is assembled, you have a flavorful mixture to eat on bread, with crackers, or in a salad!
- Chicken: First up on our ingredient list we have 4 cups of chicken. Make sure it’s already cooked when you go to make this recipe.
- Celery: Next, we will use 2 celery stalks, chopped into small pieces.
- Carrots: Throw in 2 carrot sticks, also chopped small.
- Red onion: As for onion, 1/2 cup of diced red onion will be plenty.
- Almonds: I like to add a bit of nuttiness by including 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
- Raisins: Using raisins will add a subtle sweetness. Go for 1/2 cup.
- Cilantro: Finally, include 1/2 cup of fresh, chopped cilantro.
- Greek yogurt: First up for the curry dressing will be a Greek yogurt base. You will need 1/4 cup of plain yogurt.
- Mayo: Add another 1/4 cup of mayo to help thicken up the dressing.
- Lemon juice: Next, we’ll add a bit of tang with 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Curry powder: And finally, the curry flavoring! Add 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Salt & Pepper: Last but not least, throw in 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper (each).
Everything you’ll need to make this dish
You’ll only need about 6 items to create this recipe. Start with a cutting board and chopping knife to prep your veggies, and then grab a few mixing bowls to assemble everything. Here’s a complete list:
For measuring, you will need the following sized cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make this easy curry chicken salad recipe
When you start this recipe with already-cooked chicken, it comes together in just about 5 minutes. Simply chop everything up, mix it together, pour the dressing on top, and you’re done!
First, prepare the chicken and vegetables by chopping them into small pieces (the chicken should already be cooked).
Then, add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, almonds, raisins, and cilantro to a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and combine.
Let chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
How to serve curry chicken salad
Chicken salad can be enjoyed in so many different ways!
You could go the classic route and eat it on bread with lettuce and tomato, or serve it up on lettuce for a salad-style lunch. Or for more of a snack, eat it with crackers!
Want to make a vegan-friendly chicken salad, or need a way to remove the dairy? Here are some ingredient alternatives that should work!
- Chicken: First up, we have the chicken. This ingredient does serve as the bulk of the recipe, but you can swap it with chickpeas! You’d probably need about 1.5 – 2 cans for an even swap.
- Greek yogurt: Easily enough, you can swap Greek yogurt with a simple dairy-free yogurt. Just be sure to use a plain version!
- Mayo: Did you know they make vegan mayo? I didn’t realize this until recently, but it’s perfect for instances like this! Swap in the dairy-free stuff for a vegan chicken salad!
Leftover chicken salad should be kept in the refrigerator and enjoyed within about 3 days. Be sure to use a tightly sealed container to keep things fresh.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Dying for some more easy recipes that you can whip together with your eyes closed? I have you covered! Try any of these tasty meals for a simple dish that’s ready in no time.
- Skillet Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs
- BBQ Baked Tempeh
- Tuna Patties with Spicy Aioli
- White Chicken Chili (Stovetop or Crockpot)
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 4 cups cooked chicken,
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 2 carrots, chopped small
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare your chicken and veggies by chopping small.
- Add chicken, celery, carrots, onion, almonds, raisins, and cilantro to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and mix to combine.
- Let chill in fridge at least 1 hour before serving.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂