Try this Baked Meatballs Recipe for a savory dish sure to hit the spot. Enjoy the dish as-is or paired with your favorite sides for a complete and filling meal!
A quick and easy oven-baked meatballs recipe
When it comes to meatball recipes, I love how they’re so versatile. You can make them with chicken, turkey, beef, pork, or even veggie-based ingredients. And the versatility goes a step further when you realize how many different types of ingredients and veggies can be added in!
Today, we’re making classic Italian-style meatballs filled with flavorful ingredients in garlic, onion, breadcrumbs, and parmesan. Then, we’re baking them for an easy cooking process and a juicy final result.
Ingredients in this baked meatballs recipe
The secret to the great flavor of this dish is that we combine beef and pork. Doing so elevates the flavor, and it all comes together with the addition of garlic, parsley, and oregano!
- Ground beef: This recipe begins with 1 lb of ground beef. Don’t worry about browning it first; it’ll fully cook in the oven!
- Ground pork: Follow the beef with an equal amount (1 lb) of ground pork.
- Garlic: 4 cloves of minced garlic will add delicious flavor to the meatballs.
- Onion: Include 1/2 of a yellow onion for texture and taste. Grate before adding to the meatball mixture.
- Eggs: Use 2 eggs to help bind all of the ingredients together.
- Whole milk: Throw in 1/4 cup of milk to prevent the meatballs from drying out.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Add 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs for texture.
- Grated parmesan: Cheese makes the meatballs complete! Use 1/2 cup of parmesan.
- Seasonings: Last but not least, finish off the recipe with 1/3 cup of chopped parsley, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, and 1 tsp of oregano.
Kitchen tools needed to make beef and pork meatballs
This recipe requires only a handful of kitchen tools, making cleanup that much easier! To prepare baked meatballs, you will need the following:
For measuring out ingredients, you will need the following sized measuring cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make meatballs in the oven
Baking meatballs is one of the simplest ways to prepare the dish. Start by creating the mixture and rolling into balls, and then just bake!
To begin, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Then, add the beef and pork to a large mixing bowl and use your hands to combine. Roughly combine and do not overmix.
Next, add the garlic, onion, eggs, milk, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix with your hands and do not overmix.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the inside temperature reads 165°F.
After baking, optionally let simmer in red bolognese sauce (omit the beef) and take out after about 15 minutes.
Use these ingredients for a more intense flavor
Are you a fan of spicy food? If so, feel free to mix red pepper flakes into the meatball mixture. Doing so will add a dash of heat to the final dish! You can also create a slightly different flavor by swapping the grated yellow onion for grated red onion.
What to serve with this baked meatballs recipe
Baked beef and pork meatballs can be served up a number of ways. I like to pair the dish with 2 sides (typically one veggie-based dish and one starch). If you’re in the market for ideas, try pairing the dish with one of these combos!
- Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Classic Mac and Cheese
- Tomato Bruschetta and Bread
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad and Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Honey Carrots and Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Meatballs can be made in so many different ways. Here are some more ways to prepare ’em!
- Chicken Piccata Meatballs
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Thai Turkey Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
- Healthier Sweet and Sour Meatballs
All recipes by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Sierra Inn
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add beef and pork. Use hands to combine but do not over mix, just roughly combined.
- Add garlic, onion, eggs, milk, panko, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix with hands but again, do not over mix.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and roll into balls, about 3 tbsp per meatball. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inside temperature reads 165F. If cooking in sauce for longer, take out after about 15 minutes.
Use my red sauce (just omit the beef) and allow the meatballs to simmer in sauce after baking.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂