Enjoy the best of both flavor worlds with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats! Made with simple ingredients and healthier options for a complete and well-rounded morning meal.
Your new favorite overnight oats recipe
When a busy morning rolls around, the last thing you want to do is prepare breakfast! For mornings when I anticipate a hectic schedule, I love to prepare overnight oats the night before.
And this recipe? Well, it’s one of my top favorites!
These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats blend the classic flavor combo for a delicious and sweet morning meal (or snack!). They’re creamy, flavorful, and totally satisfying, just as breakfast should be!
Apart from breakfast, the flavor of this recipe is perfect for satiating your post-dinner sweet tooth. Though overnight oats are commonly enjoyed for breakfast, they can most definitely be enjoyed as a dessert too!
Ingredients in chocolate peanut butter overnight oats
Peanut butter overnight oats are made with a base of oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and salt. Then, we add the liquid ingredients. You’ll only need 8 items total, plus whichever toppings you’d like to enjoy.
- Rolled oats: 1 cup of rolled oats will make up the base of this recipe.
- Chia seeds: 2 tbsp of chia seeds will add bulk to the oats, along with protein and other beneficial nutrients.
- Cocoa powder: Add chocolatey flavor with 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Salt: 1/8 tsp of salt adds so much flavor to this dish.
- Maple syrup: To naturally sweeten the oats, add 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Almond milk: 1 cup of almond milk is needed to create the right texture and bulk up the oatmeal.
- Peanut butter: For the peanut butter portion of the recipe, use 3 tbsp of your favorite type. You can use smooth or creamy.
- Vanilla: Last but not least, finish up the recipe with 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
Tools required to make this recipe
When it comes to kitchen tools, these chocolate overnight oats keep it simple! You will need one large mixing bowl, a stirring utensil, and some measuring cups (1/8 tsp, 1/2 tsp, 1 tbsp, and 1 cup).
How to make overnight oats with chocolate and peanut butter
Overnight oats are a simple meal to put together, which is always a big win! Prep these the night before, or make a double or triple portion to enjoy them for the whole week ahead.
First, mix the oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Then, let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
When ready to enjoy, top the oatmeal with fruit, more peanut butter, nuts, and/or coconut.
How chocolate peanut butter overnight oats are healthier
Throughout this recipe, a few key ingredients were used to create a healthier meal.
Next, almond milk is used to add plant protein and extra nutrients.
Feel free to optionally use all-natural peanut butter for fewer chemicals and preservatives in your oats!
Additional topping ideas
The chocolate and peanut butter flavors of this oatmeal work so well with a variety of toppings! Here are some more ideas.
- Chocolate drizzle
- Hemp or chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
If you like overnight oats as much as we do, you’ll absolutely love these recipes! From blueberry to cake batter, there are so many flavors to choose from.
- Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Cake Batter Overnight Oats
- Creamy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂