These easy vegan and gluten-free Mixed Berry Crumble Bars are bursting with sweetness and filled with fresh summer fruit!
It’s because of these bars that my favorite summertime dessert will forever be changed. The delicious combination of a buttery crust (without any butter!!), a sweet berry filling, and a crumbly nutty topping just knocks any other summertime dessert out of the running.
They only lasted two days in this house and my fruity-dessert loving boyfriend absolutely loved these bars! I shared with friends too, and these were definitely a crowd favorite.
They are perfectly soft, a little sweet, and a whole lot of delicious. The berry layer in the middle can be made with whatever berry you would like. These would be scrumptious with strawberry filling as well!
All you need is a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and you’ve got yourself the best summertime treat. Your guests are going to want to keep coming back over, so you decide if you want to make them or not! Kidding 🙂
They seem like a lot of work, but really are actually very easy to make! And they look like you slaved over them all day. Enjoy!
The most delicious mixed berry crumble bars that are a healthy gluten-free treat for summer!
- 2 cups berries (I did 1 cup each frozen raspberries + blueberries)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or nonstick spray
- In a bowl, combine all crust ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Flatten into pan and pierce top multiple times with fork to allow air to escape.
- Bake for 13 minutes and let cool at least 1 hour. (Better overnight)
- While crust is cooling, warm berries, lemon juice, and maple syrup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Continually mash with fork or potato masher until all combined and completely heated through.
- Turn off heat and add in chia seeds. Stir and let cool completely, putting in fridge after a few minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse together all topping ingredients until semi-fine. You don’t want to pulse for too long, as it will turn into a ball.
- Once everything is completely cooled, pour berry filling over top of crust.
- Add topping evenly over top of filling and bake for 15-18 minutes at 350F or until golden brown.
- Let cool before eating.
- Category: paleo, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free
Keywords: vegan paleo, gluten-free mixed berry bars
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂