This Easy Classic Peanut Butter Granola will be your new favorite crunchy breakfast and snack!
The only homemade granola recipe you will ever need. Trust me on that one. There are two things in life that I’m very very confident are really good. One of them is my banana bread recipe and the other is this granola recipe.
For as long as I can remember, I have been making my own granola. Granola has always been one of my favorite snacks and while I do still buy granola, I almost always have a batch of the homemade stuff on hand. I like it this way because I am able to control exactly what I want to put in it, right down to the amount of sweetness or the length of time I want to leave it in the oven for crunch factor.
Granola was even the first post I ever shared on my Instagram, but let’s not look back at the first picture I ever shared because woah, that is an interesting first “foodie” picture.
The recipe I’m sharing below has been in my life for the past ten years and has seen so many different varieties. I am completely able to make it from memory now – I mean I would hope so after ten years – but I am even at the point where I can just dump the ingredients in and hope for the best. But lucky for you all, I wrote the recipe down last time I made it.
It is a very forgiving recipe and many of the ingredients can be easily swapped out for other products that you have in your house. My favorite part is adding in all different ingredients after it has cooled. That is when the true creativity comes out. I’ve eaten as is, and I’ve added everything from chocolate and dried cranberries, to peanut butter chips, to marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham crackers. Treat this recipe like a blank canvas!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, salt, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
- Add in peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Add in honey, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Once fully combined, press onto lined parchment paper - spread into flat layer.
- Baked for 18-20 minutes. Take it out even if you are apprehensive, it is ready 🙂
- Let COMPLETELY cool before breaking apart.
- Store in airtight container on the counter.