For a sweet and salty snack to end any and all cravings, go for this Healthy Pretzel Freezer Fudge. It’s a no-bake recipe that’s totally mouth-watering and requires just 5 minutes of prep time.
Chocolate peanut butter fudge with a salty twist
Craving something sweet and creamy but with a salty twist? Keep reading.
If you’re like me, you know that a salty sweet combo is the way to go! There’s something about the duo that tastes so satisfying and leaves me totally hooked after just one bite!
This healthy pretzel freezer fudge is no different. Trust me, it’s not just a pretzel recipe. Instead, this delicious dessert combines the peanut butter chocolate flavor that we all love with the crunch and saltiness of a pretzel. Together, we’re left with a totally mouth watering treat that’s simply to die for. Oh my goodness, you guys. You’re going to love this.
This is a no-bake recipe that’s very easy to whip together and takes hardly any time at all! If you find yourself with a few minutes to spare, take the time to mix together these ingredients and then stick ’em in the freezer to harden for later. Your future self (i.e. your self two hours from now) will thank you!
Everything you’ll need to make healthy pretzel freezer fudge
This recipe requires real, wholesome ingredients. You won’t need anything that’s obscure or hard to find in your local grocery store! Gather your favorite brand from each ingredient listed below, and let’s get started.
*Be sure to use melted coconut oil for easy mixing.
**You will only need table salt if you’re using unsalted peanut butter. You will, however, still need sea salt.
***I use the “mini” or “itty bitty” pretzels so that I can place a whole one on each slice of fudge!
Tools used in this peanut butter fudge recipe
Pretzel fudge is an easy, no-bake dessert that will require the following items:
- Bread pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Measurements: 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup
How to make healthy pretzel freezer fudge
Have 5-10 minutes to spare? That’s all the time you need to prepare no-bake healthy pretzel freezer fudge!
Next, whisk in the cocoa powder and salt until everything is well combined and you don’t see any clumps.
Pour the mixture into a parchment lined bread pan.
Place the pretzels gently on top, and then sprinkle with sea salt.
Freeze for at least 2 hours, and then enjoy!
Healthier peanut butter chocolate fudge
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s made with healthier ingredients, making it a better dessert option all around. It’s a delicious snack or dessert that will satisfy your tastebuds while also supplying your body with nutrients and minerals.
Here are some of the ingredients I included to make this a more well-rounded recipe.
- Natural peanut butter: I always reach for all-natural options, especially when it comes to peanut butter. Natural, organic brands are full of simple, wholesome ingredients.
- Coconut oil: I love to use coconut oil in place of vegetable or canola oil. It supplies healthy fats that are beneficial for cholesterol, blood sugar, and so much more.
- Maple syrup: As always, maple syrup is used in this recipe to serve as my sweetening sidekick! This all-natural ingredient works wonders and is great for naturally sweeting the recipe.
- Cocoa powder: To get a chocolatey taste, I use all-natural cocoa powder. It’s more beneficial than many realize and is actually great for brain function, blood flow, and blood pressure!
Tips for making the perfect fudge
Here are some helpful tips for making fudge. And no, you won’t need to boil or heat any of the ingredients!
Does this recipe require heating or boiling ingredients?
No, you will not need to heat or boil anything in this recipe. Many fudge recipes require that, but with these ingredients it’s not necessary! This recipe is no-bake, quick, and super easy to prepare.
Does the fudge have to be placed in the freezer?
The fudge needs to be frozen in order to properly set. This step is the final touch to creating your fudge!
How to store pretzel fudge
Healthy pretzel freezer fudge should be stored in the freezer or refrigerator (it will melt at room temperature). If frozen, be sure to thaw before eating.
More fudgy ideas from Erin Lives Whole
There’s more fudge where this recipe came from! Prepare a few of these options for a fun and tasty fudge charcuterie board!
- Cinnamon Roll Tahini Freezer Fudge
- Peppermint Cocoa Freezer Fudge
- Pinwheel Tahini Freezer Fudge
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge
Recipe by Erin Morrissey + Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter and coconut oil. Add in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and salt until well combined and no clumps.
- Pour into parchment lined bread pan.
- Place pretzels gently on top and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before eating. Store in freezer. Fudge will melt at room temp.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂