These easy vegan black bean brownies are made in less than thirty minutes, are gluten free, paleo, deliciously fudgy, and made with simple ingredients. Top with extra chocolate chips for an extra sweet treat.
Its official as a whistle. I am obsessed with baking with legumes and beans and I really don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. And after you eat these easy vegan black bean brownies, I’m pretty sure you won’t be stopping anytime soon either.
I also get tagged in a new chickpea brownie post on Instagram at least two or three times a week. People LOVE them, and for a pretty gosh darn good reason.
They are so incredibly fudgy, and like made from freaking beans, so they are basically like healthy as HECK. But the best part about it is that you genuinely would have no idea that they were made from beans. Like the amount of you who have made these and mentioned that you didn’t tell anyone what they were made from is impressive.
People automatically are kind of scared when they find out the ingredients, but I swear to the highest power that these brownies will absolutely blow your mind!
There is something about experimenting with healthy ingredients and figuring out what works and what doesn’t is my favorite part of recipe development.
Let’s talk about what is in these easy vegan black bean brownies:
Black beans: full of fiber + protein
Almond butter: healthy fat + protein
Almond flour: low-carb and nutrient dense flour
Maple syrup: natural sweetener from trees, subtle sweetness
Cocoa powder: I’ve found that the darker the cocoa powder, the better it tastes! More chocolate-y. Favorite brands: Hershey’s Extra Dark.
Coconut oil: my favorite oil for baking
and a few other baking essentials
CONNECT WITH ERIN LIVES WHOLE!
Be sure to follow me on my social media accounts
If you make one of my recipes, snap a photo and tag it @erinliveswhole on Instagram and hashtag it #ELWeatsPrint
These easy vegan black bean brownies are made in less than thirty minutes, are gluten free, paleo, deliciously fudgy, and made with simple ingredients. Top with extra chocolate chips for extra chocolate deliciousness.
- 1 – 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (the darker, the more chocolatey)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend beans, nut butter, almond flour, cocoa, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Scrape down sides as needed.
- Once creamy and smooth, take off lid and stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not process the chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan and add more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Store on counter for 24 hours or fridge for 1 week.
- Category: Dessert, vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: easy vegan black bean brownies, healthy desserts, black bean brownies
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂