Impress friends and family with these (ridiculously easy) Mediterranean Salmon Foil Packs. Paired with a tomato, olive, and lemon juice mixture, it’s the most delicious way to enjoy salmon!
A simple, easy salmon recipe
Seafood tends to maintain a reputation for being one of the more complicated food types to prepare. It just seems so questionable with many wondering how to flavor it, how to know when it’s done cooking, and more.
Well, lucky for those in question, flavoring and cooking salmon is as easy as a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and about 20 minutes in the oven.
Today I’m teaching you how to whip up Mediterranean salmon foil packs. This easy meal requires a bit of tin foil and baking time, as individual salmon filets are paired with a cherry tomato and olive mixture and set in the oven to marinate and cook together. The flavor combo? Delicious. Let’s dive in!
Ingredients in Mediterranean salmon foil packs
This baked salmon recipe uses two sets of ingredients. First, olive oil, salt, and pepper are used to flavor the salmon. Then, we get into the nitty gritty with a delicious tomato and garlic mix that bakes alongside the salmon filets for intense, juicy flavor!
- Salmon: To start, you’ll need 4 salmon filets. It should wind up being around 1.75lbs.
- Olive oil: Use 3 tbsp of olive oil to season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Salt & Pepper: And as for the salt and pepper, use 1/2 tsp of each.
- Cherry tomatoes: 1 pint of cherry tomatoes should be plenty. Be sure to slice them before adding to the recipe.
- Olives: Do the same with 1 cup of pitted kalamata olives.
- Artichoke hearts: Next, dice up 1 cup of artichoke hearts. These add so much flavor!
- Garlic: Include 4 cloves of garlic, roughly minced.
- Lemon juice: Next, add the juice of 1 whole lemon. This will create a nice tangy flavor that compliments the salmon well.
- Olive oil: Next, you’ll need another 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Oregano: Add flavor by including 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Salt & pepper: Do the same with another 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper, each.
- Feta: Add cheese in the amount of 1/4 cup of crumble feta.
- Dill: Last but not least, finish off the dish with 3 tbsp of fresh dill.
Tools needed to create this recipe
To create this baked salmon meal, you will need a cutting board and chopping knife to prepare the tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, and garlic. You’ll need a large mixing bowl and a stirring utensil to prep the toppings. From there, use a baking sheet, parchment paper, and aluminum foil to cook the salmon.
For measuring, gather the following sized cups: 1/2 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make this Mediterranean salmon recipe
Mediterranean foil packs are a great way to feed four. For extra guests, easily double all of the ingredients and prepare the same way.
To begin, preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare 4 pieces of foil sized at about 12″ x 12″.
Place each piece of salmon on individual foils, skin side-down if applicable. Evenly distribute the olive oil, salt, and pepper onto the four pieces of salmon.
Divide the tomato mixture amongst the four foil packets, placing the mixture on top of the salmon. It’s okay if some spills out on the sides.
Wrap the foil packets, doing your best to cover as much as possible. It’s okay if the top of the filets aren’t fully covered.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork. Unwrap the packets and top with the crumbled feta and dill.
Benefits of salmon
The benefits of salmon extend far beyond its great taste. For starters, salmon contains healthy amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. This nutrient is crucial to the body and aids in decreasing inflammation and blood pressure!
Salmon also provides healthy levels of potassium, folic acid, Vitamin B12, and so much more.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Salmon is such a wonderful seafood to enjoy — it tastes great and it’s filled with numerous nutrients! Here are three more delicious salmon meals to try.
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 4 salmon filets (about 1.75lbs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare 4 pieces of foil about 12″x12″.
- Add salmon (if it has skin, skin side down) on individual foils. Evenly distribute the olive oil, salt, and pepper over the four pieces of salmon.
- In a large bowl, mix together sliced tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, and garlic. Add the juice of one lemon, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix until all combined.
- Divide the tomato mixture amongst the four foil packets, placing the mixture on top of the salmon. It’s okay if some spills out the side.
- Wrap the foil packets up, again, okay if they top is not fully covered but do your best to cover it as much as possible.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until salmon flakes with fork. Unwrap packets and top with crumbled feta and dill.
- Serve immediately.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂