Fill up on a protein-rich, satisfying Chicken Caesar Wrap Recipe made with parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, and a mouth watering homemade dressing.
The most delicious caesar salad wrap
They’re classic, they’re easy to make, and they’re delicious every. single. time.
Yep, I’m talking about caesar wraps over here. Today, we’re making a delicious chicken caesar wrap recipe made with classic casesar salad ingredients. We’ll also be including mouth watering breaded chicken for a complete meal.
The best part? The homemade dressing (you can thank me later) that’s the absolute cherry on top. It’s quick and easy to make, but as always, feel free to use a store bought dressing if preferred!
This recipe yields 4 full wraps or 8 halves. If you’re feeding a crowd, this could be a good option.
Let’s dig in.
Ingredients in this chicken caesar wrap recipe
To make this caesar wrap recipe, you will need classic caesar salad ingredients like chicken, parmesan, croutons, and dressing! The only added ingredients are the wraps, of which you can use your favorite kind! Just make sure they’re the large burrito size.
- Chicken breasts: The first ingredient is the chicken. You’ll need 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts to make 4 wraps. That should equal around 3 chicken breasts.
- Flour: 1 cup of flour will be used to bread the chicken.
- Salt and pepper: Use 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper (each) for a bit of flavor.
- Eggs: 2 eggs will help create the breadcrumb crust.
- Panko breadcrumbs: And for the breadcrumbs, use 2 cups of panko. These are flakier than regular breadcrumbs and create such a delicious texture!
- Grated parmesan: Next, you will need 1 cup of grated parmesan. This is going to taste delicious in the wraps!
- Oil: Oil will be used to cook the chicken. You will need 1/4 cup of a neutral oil, meaning vegetable oil, smooth olive oil, or avocado oil. You can use more if needed.
- Lettuce: Add crunchy lettuce to the warps with 1 large head of romaine, chopped small.
- Croutons: Croutons are a must! Use 1 cup, divided amongst the wraps.
- Shredded parmesan: Include shredded (or grated) parmesan, dividing 1 cup across the 4 wrpas.
- Caesar dressing: Finally, add extra flavor with 1/2 cup of caesar dressing. I used the dressing from this recipe.
- Wraps: Add the filling to 4 extra large burrito wraps!
Tools to help you create delicious caesar wraps
Making this recipe will require a few different kitchen tools. Below is a full list, followed by the measuring cup sizes you’ll need.
- Cutting board
- Cutting knife
- Three wide bowls
- Stirring utensil
- Large saucepan
- Paper towel-lined plate
For measuring out ingredients, you will need 1/2 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup sized measuring cups.
How to make a chicken caesar wrap recipe
The main part of this recipe involves prepping the chicken. After that, it’s all smooth sailing with tossing ingredients, assembling the wraps, and enjoying!
To begin, slice the chicken in half through the width, like butterflying it but cutting it all the way through.
Then, using a meat pounder or rolling pin, pound each of the 4 chicken pieces to 1/4 inch thick.
Set up a station with three wide bowls. In the first bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk both eggs in the second bowl. In the third bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Going slice by slice, evenly coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture. Then, dip them in the breadcrumbs and coat well, pressing into the crumbs and covering the whole surface on each side.
Next, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
Once hot, add two of the chicken breasts at a time, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side. Set the chicken breasts aside on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat until all of them are cooked.
Meanwhile, add the lettuce, croutons, parmesan, and caesar dressing to a bowl. Toss until combined.
Slice the chicken cutlets into bite-sized pieces, and then add them to the lettuce bowl. Toss to evenly combine.
Add the salad mixture to a wrap and wrap tightly. Cut in half and serve!
What’s included in the homemade dressing?
To make homemade caesar dressing, you will need Greek yogurt, mayo, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, lemon juice, Worchestershire sauce, dijon mustard, anchovy paste, avocado oil, salt, and pepper. For a full how-to, check out this healthy chicken caesar salad recipe!
Feeling ambitious? Make your own croutons!
If you want this recipe to be 100% from scratch (in which case, props to you, chef!), you can make your own croutons with 1/2 loaf of French bread, avocado oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
First, cut the bread into cubes and then add the cubes to a bowl with the other crouton ingredients. Toss to evenly coat the bread.
Pour everything onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Toss halfway through.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Salads can be made approximately one million different ways, which is what I love about them! There is a salad solution for whatever type of flavor you’re craving. Below are four of my favorites. Give them a try!
- Grilled Veggie and Shrimp Orzo Salad
- Moroccan Couscous Salad
- Grilled Steak and Peach Salad
- Strawberry Steak and Poppyseed Salad
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 2 large chicken breasts (~1.5lbs)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumb
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, with more as needed (vegetable, smooth olive oil, avocado oil)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped small
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup shredded parmesan (or more grated)
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing (I used this one)
- 4 extra large burrito wraps
- Slice chicken in half through the width, like butterflying but cutting all the way through.
- Pound each of the 4 chicken pieces into 1/4 inch thick using a meat pounder or rolling pin.
- Set up a station in three wide bowls. In the first bowl, mix the flour and salt and pepper. In the second bowl, whisk both eggs. In the third bowl, mix together the panko and parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken breast evenly in flour on both sides, then dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and coat well. After the egg mixture, dip into the breadcrumb mixture and coat very well, pressing into breadcrumbs and covering the whole surface of chicken on both sides. Repeat until all chicken has been coated.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Once hot, add two chicken breasts at a time, cooking for 4-5 minutes on each side. Set chicken breasts aside on paper towel lined plate and repeat until all are cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add lettuce, croutons, parmesan, and caesar dressing. Toss till combined.
- Slice chicken cutlets into bite sized pieces. Add to salad mixture and toss.
- In a large wrap, add salad mixture and wrap tightly. Cut in half and serve.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂