Try something new with these delicious and Easy Tuna Cake Sliders made with breadcrumbs, Greek yogurt, green onion, garlic, and a delicious homemade aioli sauce.
The most delicious and easy tuna sliders recipe
Do you ever find yourself falling into a routine of eating the same meals over and over again? I think that happens to all of us from time to time. And sometimes it can be pretty hard to find the cooking creativity that you’re missing!
But with these easy tuna cake sliders, it’s simple to try something new again. These sliders are a quick and easy meal that come together in about 15 minutes and are made with a tasty combo of tuna, garlic, soy sauce, and more. We finish them off with an incredible sriracha and lemon juice aioli for the perfect flavor pairing!
Ingredients in easy tuna cake sliders
For the sliders themselves we will use a combination of tuna, breadcrumbs, egg, yogurt, and more. We’ll place the patties atop slider buns and top with a delicious yogurt and lemon juice aioli and lettuce!
- Tuna: Start things off with 2 4oz cans of tuna. Use your favorite brand!
- Egg: We will use 1 egg in the mix to help all of the ingredients bind together.
- Breadcrumbs: 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs add texture and subtle flavor!
- Greek yogurt: Include 1/4 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt. This helps to form delicious, juicy patties.
- Green onion: Add 2 tbsp of chopped green onion for flavor.
- Soy sauce: Do the same with 2 tbsp of soy sauce! The salty taste is to die for in these tuna patties.
- Garlic: Season things up with 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Avocado oil: 2 tbsp of avocado oil will be used to cook the patties on the stove.
- Buns: Use slider buns to assemble the patties. The number you need will depend on how many patties you make.
- Lettuce: Finally, wash and set aside 1-2 pieces of lettuce per slider.
- Greek yogurt: The aioli uses a base of 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
- Sriracha: We’ll flavor it up and add a bit of heat with 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- Lemon juice: Include 1 tsp of lemon juice for a subtle tanginess.
- Salt: Last but not least, finish off the sauce with a pinch of salt.
Tools needed to make these tuna sliders
This recipe requires 7 main cooking tools along with 4 measuring cups. You will need (in this order) a large mixing bowl, a fork, a stirring utensil, a pan, a spatula, a small mixing bowl, and a whisk. For measuring, you will need 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, and 1/2 cup.
How to make this easy tuna cake sliders recipe
Ready for a quick 10-15 minute meal? Tuna sliders will be ready in no time. Just mix the ingredients, form the patties, cook each patty for 3-4 minutes, and enjoy!
In a large mixing bowl, add the tuna and break it up with a fork.
Mix in the Greek yogurt, egg, breadcrumbs, chopped green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic.
Then, form the mix into patties.
Cook the patties on medium-high heat with avocado oil for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach a golden brown color.
While the patties cook, whisk together the aioli ingredients.
Add the patties to a bun and top with the aioli and lettuce.
Benefits of tuna
When it comes to seafood, tuna is a pretty powerful option nutrition-wise. We know fish supplies omega-3 fatty acids, but tuna also provides Vitamin B-12, iron, Vitamin B-6, magnesium, and potassium!
How big should the patties be?
The patties can be whatever size you’d like! I like to make them about 1/3 the size of a regular burger so they’re more “slider” style.
What else can I add to the sliders?
Cheese is a common addition, as is chopped celery mixed into the patties!
Can I use something besides Greek yogurt?
Aioli is commonly made with either mayo or mustard, which means that either of those two ingredients can work. If trying an alternative, I recommend playing around with the measurements, as 1/4 cup of mustard will likely be too much for the flavor.
Tuna cake pairing options
When it comes to serving tuna sliders, the side and pairing options are endless. You can add a bit of greens to the meal with a tasty side salad (like this Zucchini Noodle Caprese Salad), or you can go the cooked veggie route with these Garlic Sesame Green Beans. And there are always fries!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Can’t get enough of the benefits tuna has to offer? Try these recipes! The tuna pasta salad is delicious, and the Mediterranean salad is to die for! I also threw in another incredible tuna patty idea.
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photography by Moriah Sawtelle
- 2 4oz cans tuna
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- slider buns
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add tuna and break up with fork.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, egg, breadcrumbs, chopped green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Form into patties.
- Cook on medium-high heat in avocado oil for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- While cooking, whisk together all aioli ingredients. Top patties with aioli and add to bun with lettuce. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂