Paleo Chocolate Cake is made from simple, healthy ingredients. It’s gluten-free, packed with nutrients, and made with a delicious vegan frosting. It tastes so great that your friends and family will never guess that it’s healthy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Pairs well with this vegan frosting.
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, whisk pumpkin with eggs until very well combined and smooth.
- Add in syrup, oil, almond butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring until fully combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, leaving a few out to place on top.
- Place in greased pan. I used two nine inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 23-28 min depending on pan. If using loaf or 8×8 pan, may require more time.
- My favorite trick for telling if it’s ready is to stick a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean – they are ready.
- Category: gluten-free, dessert, dairy-free
Keywords: paleo chocolate cake, gluten free cake, healthy dessert, healthy cake