Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Happy Monday! Before I get to the best batch of cookies I’ve ever made, I want to give a little life update.
So two weekends ago, I “moved” into my new apartment in Philadelphia and the only thing that I didn’t bring with me was all of my clothes. So I spent one more week at my parents house and then spent this whole weekend cleaning, organizing and getting settled. Chelsea and I began by literally scrubbing every single inch, but we still have more to go.
Moving is tough and we really want to make our place as cute as possible. I think it will take some time before we feel settled but it helps that the area where we are living is so cute and is located in a little neighborhood. The houses are so cute and almost colonial – I swear Philly has some of the cutest streets!
Our new house is only four blocks from my boyfriends place, a couple blocks from our other friend’s house and has so many cute restaurants and shops around it. I already have plans on buying Class Pass so that I can attend all different workouts in the city – I’m so excited to finally get to try it. Has anyone had experience using it?
I’m also moving in at the perfect time. It’s summer in the city and there are so many things to do. Wednesday night Sips Happy Hour? Check. Outdoor workout classes? Check. Eating dinner outside at cute restaurants? Check. I can’t wait.
Anyway… onto the real reason why you’re here.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I love these cookies. No really, like looooove these cookies. I’m literally so freaking proud of these cookies and when you know I don’t want to share what I’ve made with the rest of my usual taste testers, you know they were that good. I suggest running to the kitchen to make these bad boys. You might not want to let anyone know you’re making them so you can keep them all for yourself 🙂
It has been my personal mission to make a batch of cookies that actually do not taste “healthified” in any way possible and I created that with these. They were so incredible and tasty and Tom voted them “the best thing I’ve made since starting the blog.” I would call that a success.
The best part? They require 8 ingredients and you probably already have them all on hand. Oh and they are healthy. Double win.
- 1 cup peanut butter (The thicker the better, sometimes too drippy natural won't stick together)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy life are the best!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and coconut sugar using a spoon.
- Add egg and then cocoa powder - stir until combined. It may get thick here, so feel free to use your hands!
- Add baking soda, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips and combined until dough ball forms.
- Using around two tablespoons of dough, roll in balls and press down with fork.
- Place on lined baking sheet (I ALWAYS use parchment paper - I love it for any type of cookies, roasted veggies - guaranteed no stick)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan