Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread is the dreamiest version of gluten-free banana bread!
It is FINALLY here! My gluten-free cinnamon roll banana bread has been making you all crazy ever since I posted it and the time has finally come. I was super timid when working with gluten-free flour because I really didn’t want people to “know” when eating that this was gluten free. I wanted it to remind everyone of the real, thick, moist banana bread.
I made it twice because the first time, while it still tasted incredible, it came out a little bit dry so I altered the recipe a little and then baked it for a little bit less. Well, it came out perfect.
The crunchy and crystallized coconut sugar cinnamon crust on top, along with the swirl in the middle, and the sweetness from the banana, we got ourselves a winner.
I have been craving this banana bread ever since I made it. It has been a part of my breakfast, lunch + dinner at least a few times over the past few weeks! Plus, when you are making this, it makes your entire house smell like heaven. Who even needs candles anymore when you can bake cinnamon roll banana bread??
For this recipe I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour, and according to the side of the package, you can replace this with regular flour on a 1:1 ratio – so feel free to follow this recipe completely as normal, but using regular all purpose flour.
Be sure to tag me in your photo if you make it!
- 1¾ cup gluten-free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill all purpose baking, see note above for regular flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 overripe medium bananas, mashed - about 1½ cups
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, coconut sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Whisk in two eggs.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, stirring until completely combined.
- Add almond milk and stir.
- Pour half of batter into greased bread loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut sugar, coconut oil, and cinnamon with a fork.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixture on first half batter.
- Pour remaining half of batter on top.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Bake in 350F oven for 40-44 minutes - using a toothpick to test. I took mine out at 40 minutes and it was done.