Easy and delicious cinnamon crumble banana bread
What’s better than enjoying your morning cup of coffee with a slice of banana bread? Enjoying your morning coffee with a slice of cinnamon crumble banana bread, that’s what!
This recipe takes regular banana bread and elevates the flavor and texture with the addition of a delicious four-ingredient crumble layer and a three-ingredient glaze! It comes together easily and yields 8 slices, making it great to have on hand for a houseful of guests!
Ingredients in cinnamon banana bread
The ingredients for cinnamon crumble banana bread are divided into three parts: the bread, the crumble, and the glaze. Each part of the recipe uses healthier ingredient alternatives to make the bread as nutrient-dense as possible!
- Bananas: The base of the bread is made of 3 medium-sized bananas. They’ll need to be mashed.
- Eggs: Next up are 2 eggs. These are going to give the bread its texture.
- Maple syrup: To add a delicious sweet flavor, use 3/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Coconut oil: Next, add the oil in the form of 3/4 cup of melted coconut oil.
- Vanilla: Throw in 1 tsp of vanilla, also for flavor.
- Flour: Thicken up the batter with 2 cups of flour.
- Cinnamon: Gotta have the cinnamon! Use 1 tsp.
- Baking soda: Next, add 1 tsp to help the bread bake properly.
- Salt: Finish off the batter with 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Flour: First up for the crumble is 1/4 cup of flour.
- Coconut sugar: Sweeten things up with 1/4 cup of coconut sugar. You can also use brown sugar if that’s what you have handy!
- Cinnamon: Use more cinnamon, again in the amount of 1 tsp.
- Coconut oil: Finish off the crumble with 3 tbsp of coconut oil! This addition is going to help the crumble ingredients stick together.
- Powdered sugar: To create the glaze, start with 1.5 cups of powdered sugar.
- Cinnamon: Add flavor with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Milk: Lastly, use 1-2 tbsp of milk to help combine the cinnamon and powdered sugar.
Kitchen tools needed to make this recipe
This banana bread crumble recipe is made using a few select kitchen tools. Before you begin, gather the below items for a smooth and seamless baking experience!
For measuring ingredients, you will need the following sized measuring cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make this cinnamon crumble banana bread recipe
To make this banana bread with crumble topping, we’ll start with the banana, followed by the topping. Once the bread bakes and cools, we’ll get to work on adding the glaze!
First, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a bread loaf pan.
Then, use a large bowl and a whisk to whisk together the mashed bananas and the eggs. Add the maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and combine.
Next, use a medium mixing bowl to combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until everything is combined. Do not over mix.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
In the bowl that was used for the flour, mix together the crumble ingredients until they form a crumbly texture.
Sprinkle them evenly over the top of the banana bread.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
Finally, once cool, mix together the glaze ingredients and pour the glaze on top of the bread. Enjoy!
If you’re out of an ingredient or two, don’t worry! Many of the items in this recipe can be swapped with other pantry staples. Check the below list to see if any of these easy substitutions will work!
Feel free to use milk, a milk alternative (like almond or coconut milk), or water when creating the glaze.
Out of powdered sugar? Try this!
If you go to make the glaze only to find that you don’t have as much powdered sugar as you thought, try this instead!
If you have regular granulated sugar on hand, you can create powdered sugar. Simply add it to a blender and blend until it reaches a fine, powdery texture.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Looking for some more ways to use up your bananas? Try these recipes!
- Banana Bread Oatmeal Pancakes
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars
All recipes by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Sierra Inn
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1–2 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas and eggs. Add in maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until all combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- In same bowl used for flour, mix together crumble ingredients until they form a crumble.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the banana bread.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Once cool, mix together glaze ingredients and then pour over top of bread.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂