Get your taste buds ready and whip together this easy-to-make Dill Pickle Chicken Salad. It’s absolutely packed with flavor and perfect for enjoying on bread, in a wrap, on a salad, or with your favorite chips!
Delicious and easy healthy dill pickle chicken salad
Wondering what to use for your next meal prep dish? Look no further. This dill pickle chicken salad is jam-packed with the most delicious ingredients, and its versatility makes it perfect for meal prep! You can switch it up every day of the week, enjoying it first as a sandwich, then on a salad, and then in a wrap!
I love to whip this together and keep it in the fridge as an easy-to-grab snack. It’s perfect for enjoying with chips, and the high protein makes it a filling snack that keeps you satiated until mealtime. Let’s dive in!
Ingredients in dill pickle chicken salad
This recipe utilizes flavor-rich ingredients. With pickles, pickle brine, and relish, you’re already off to a tasty start! Then, take things a step further with red onion, Greek yogurt, garlic, and more.
- Chicken: First up for this dill pickle chicken salad, you will need three large cooked chicken breasts. This is going to make enough for 10 1/2 cup servings.
- Pickles: Next, you need 1 cup of diced fresh dill pickles. Use your favorite brand.
- Pickle brine: Follow the diced pickles with 2 tbsp of pickle brine. This is the dill pickle juice that comes in the pickle jar.
- Sweet relish: 1/2 cup of sweet pickle relish will create the most delicious flavor.
- Celery: Follow the sweet relish with 1/2 cup of diced celery to add a nice crunch.
- Red onion: Then, do the same with 1/2 cup of diced red onion. This single ingredient adds a world of flavor to the dish.
- Greek yogurt: Next up, you will need 1 cup of 5% plain Greek yogurt. Be sure it’s plain — you don’t want strawberry-flavored chicken salad!
- Mayonnaise: Add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. This is going to create the perfect chicken salad texture.
- Salt & pepper: Follow that with 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Garlic powder: Last but not least, finish off the dill pickle chicken salad with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
Feel free to throw in green onions for an extra flavor addition!
Tools needed to make this chicken salad with dill relish
To make this chicken salad, you will need a fork or food processor, a large mixing bowl, and a stirring utensil. You will also need measuring cups in the following sizes: 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make this dill pickle chicken salad recipe
This easy chicken salad recipe comes together so easily! Total prep time is only about 10 minutes.
Begin by finely shredding the chicken, and then add it to a food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. If preferred, you can shred it by hand with a fork.
Add the shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl, and then add the entire ingredient list. Mix together until everything is well combined.
Serve on bread to make sandwiches, or enjoy with potato chips, in a wrap, or on salad!
Can I use rotisserie chicken?
Absolutely! Though the ingredient list includes chicken breasts, a rotisserie chicken works just as well. This is a great idea, as it’s very easy to shred!
What side dishes go with chicken sandwiches?
Is chicken salad actually healthy?
Chicken salad is low-carb and filled with nutrient-rich ingredients like celery, red onion, Greek yogurt, and of course, chicken! It is protein-packed and contains fiber and other vitamins.
Leftover chicken salad should be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge. Enjoy within about 3 days.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Ready for some more protein-packed chicken recipes? Here are some favorites to try!
- Sticky Chicken Rice Bowls
- Hot Honey Cornflake Chicken Nuggets
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Ceasar Wrap Recipe
All recipes by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Sierra Inn
- 3 large cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced pickles
- 2 tbsp pickle brine
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup 5% plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- To finely shred chicken, add to food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. Alternatively shred by hand.
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl, and then add entire ingredient list. Mix all together until well combined.
- Serve on bread, with chips, in a wrap, or on a salad!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂