Need a tasty and effortless dinner recipe that only uses one pan? Look no further than this sheet pan sausage and potatoes with peppers! Filled with zesty Italian chicken sausages, bell peppers, onions, and perfectly seasoned yellow potatoes – your entire family will be raving about it. And don’t worry about the cleanup afterward; there’ll barely be any mess to take care of!
Deliciously healthy sheet pan sausage, peppers, and potatoes
This sheet pan sausage and potatoes recipe is one of the most delicious and hassle-free dinners you can make!
The Italian chicken sausages are zesty and flavorful, while the bell peppers, onions, and yellow potatoes make for a colorful medley of ingredients. To top it off, the potatoes are seasoned to perfection with an array of herbs and spices that give this dish its signature flavor.
It’s easy to make, too – just toss everything together in one sheet pan, pop it in the oven, and let it bake! You’ll have a hearty and healthy meal ready in no time that your family will absolutely love.
And after dinner, you won’t even have to worry about cleaning up; there will barely be any mess on the sheet pan!
So if you’re looking for an easy yet delicious dinner recipe that requires little effort, this sheet pan sausage and veggies is the way to go.
Try it out tonight – your taste buds won’t be disappointed!
This sheet pan sausage and potatoes is a delicious dish that packs a punch of flavor. All you need are some simple ingredients.
Here’s a bit more about what I used:
- Italian Chicken Sausage: You don’t want to skimp on this! I highly recommend using quality sausage to really get the most flavor out of this dish. You’ll need 8 mild links. You can also swap it out for some spicy sausage if you like things a little bit zestier.
- Bell Peppers: I used red and yellow bell peppers for a pop of color! Feel free to use whatever kind you have on hand. You’ll just need 3 of them.
- Onions: For the sweet taste of caramelized onions, you’ll need two small yellow onions.
- Potatoes: Baby potatoes for the win! I found that they taste the best in this recipe. However, you can use whatever kind of potato that you like – red or Yukon gold would be delicious!
- Olive Oil: You’ll need a 1/4 cup of olive oil to help everything get nice and crispy.
- Garlic: For the perfect amount of garlicky flavor, 4 minced cloves should do the trick. Try to use fresh garlic if possible.
- Salt and pepper: A classic!
- Seasonings: To season the potatoes and veggies, you’ll need dried oregano, basil, and smoked paprika.
Kitchen tools required
Here’s a bit more information about what I used to make this sheet pan sausage and veggies.
- Cutting Board
- Sheet Pan
For measuring, you will need a 1/4 cup, 1/2 teaspoon, and one teaspoon.
How to make sheet pan sausage and potatoes with peppers
Preheat your oven to 400°F and get ready for a savory, delicious meal!
Slice the chicken sausage into discs, cut up the peppers and onions into strips, then halve the baby potatoes.
Place everything on a sheet pan – don’t forget to drizzle olive oil over top before adding minced garlic and the rest of the spices. Toss until it’s all well combined, then spread evenly across the pan before baking in your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Once the 30 minutes are up, toss it one more time so that everything cooks evenly too, and bake another 20-30 minutes or until both potatoes & peppers are soft.
Now you’re left with something truly mouthwatering – enjoy!
Below are some common sheet pan questions. Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post!
Can I use any kind of potatoes?
Yes! Personally, I like to use baby yellow potatoes because they’re small, sweet, and cook quickly. You can also use red or white potatoes, sweet potatoes, or even fingerling potatoes!
What type of sausage works best?
It depends on your preference, but I recommend mild Italian chicken sausage links for this sheet pan recipe. You can also use beef or pork sausage links, turkey sausage, or even veggie sausages if you’re vegan/vegetarian!
What if I don’t like peppers and onions?
Not a problem – you can leave out the peppers & onions and just use the sausage, potatoes, olive oil, garlic, and seasonings. You can also sub in some other veggies in its place, such as mushrooms, zucchini, or squash.
Can I make this sheet pan dinner recipe ahead of time?
Yes! This sheet pan sausage and potatoes recipe can be prepped ahead of time and cooked when you’re ready. Just assemble everything on the sheet pan, cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze them for 1-2 months.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Here are some of my favorite sheet pan recipes you should make next. Enjoy!
- Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- Sheet Pan Turkey Meatloaf Dinner
- One Sheet Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Easy One Pan Salmon Dinner
- One Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 8 mild italian chicken sausage links
- 3 peppers, any color
- 2 yellow onions
- 1lb baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice chicken sausage into discs and peppers and onions into strips. Cut baby potatoes in half.
- Add sausage, peppers, and onions to sheetpan.
- Drizzle olive oil over top, then add minced garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and smoked paprika.
- Toss until well combined then spread evenly amongst pan. If there is not enough room, feel free to move to two pans.
- Bake 30 minutes then toss and bake another 20-30 minutes or until potatoes and peppers are soft.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂