Transform your favorite campfire treat into brownies with this Healthy S’mores Brownie Recipe. Made with graham crackers, cocoa powder, and marshmallows, they’re the perfect summery dessert!
The most delicious healthy s’mores brownie recipe
What’s better than sitting around the fire on a hot summer night and roasting s’mores to smokey perfection? Not much, I’ll say! Something about the summer time tradition just screams relaxation and takes me back to childhood.
As summer quickly approaches, I’ve found myself craving a perfectly roasted s’more, and knew I needed to do something about it! I decided to transform them into brownies using healthier ingredients, and the results were swoon-worthy.
These are the ultimate s’mores brownies, made with a delicious graham cracker crust and topped with perfectly browned marshmallows. They’re made with cocoa powder, almond flour, and coconut sugar, so you know what they means… they’re healthier!
Plan to take these treats to the first gathering of the summer, or whip them up this weekend for a yummy treat for the family!
Ingredients in graham cracker crust brownies
This healthy s’mores alternative is made with what I consider to be award-wining ingredients. I guarantee you’ll agree from the first bite! We’ll start with eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla, and we’ll combine that with coconut sugar and more for some seriously savory (but totally sweet) treats!
- Eggs: First up, you’ll need 3 eggs. These will help achieve fluffy brownies while also helping the other ingredients mix together!
- Coconut sugar: 3/4 cup of coconut sugar will provide a delicious sweet flavor.
- Coconut oil: Next up, use 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil.
- Almond butter: 1/4 cup of almond butter will add a slightly nutty taste, and the thick texture will help thicken up the brownies!
- Vanilla: Add 1 tsp of vanilla for taste (this makes a huge difference — don’t skip it!).
- Almond flour: Finally, thicken up the batter with 1 cup of almond flour.
- Cocoa powder: For rich chocolate brownies, use 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp of baking soda will help the brownies bake properly.
- Salt: Include 1/4 tsp of salt for added flavor. Salty and sweet is the only way!
- Graham crackers: You’ll need about 6 graham crackers to line the baking dish.
- Marshmallows: Last but not least, complete your s’mores brownies with 24 marshmallows!
Kitchen items needed for this recipe
To make this healthy s’mores recipe, you’ll need a few mixing bowls, stirring utensils, and baking items. Here’s a complete list, in the order that you’ll use it:
For measuring, you’ll need the following sized cups: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, and 1 cup.
How to make healthy s’mores brownies
This healthy s’mores brownie recipe is just as easy to make as any other brownie recipe. The only difference is the graham cracker crust! And trust me, it truly makes all of the difference. YUM.
To begin, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
In a small bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined. The batter should be thick.
Lay the graham crackers evenly over the parchment paper in the baking dish. You will need to break a few crackers in order to get one flat layer.
Once the crust is ready, pour the batter over the graham crackers. Spread it around to get one even layer. Add marshmallows on top in rows.
Bake for 34-36 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
S’mores brownie add ons
Want to take your brownies to the next level? Add your favorite toppings! Though the recipe uses the classic chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow flavor combo, you can mix and match toppings however you’d like! Here are some ideas:
- Caramel drizzle
- Mini M&Ms
- Crushed Twix bars
- White chocolate chips
Do I have to use a 9×9 dish?
You don’t! Any sized baking dish will work. You will need more or less graham crackers depending, and you will need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
How do I get a super fudgy brownie?
There are a couple of ways to get fudgier brownies. The easiest way that I’ve found is to take your brownies out of the oven slightly early. Usually 2-3 minutes does the trick! Just take them out when the toothpick is almost clean, but not quite.
Can I use peanut butter?
Definitely! Any nut butter will work.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
If you loved this healthy s’mores recipe, you’ll love my other brownie creations. They’re all made with healthier ingredients!
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Raw Peanut Butter Cup Freezer Brownies
- Easy Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Healthy Peppermint Brownies
Recipe by Erin Morrissey + Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until well combined. It will be thick.
- Lay graham crackers evenly over the parchment paper in the baking dish. You will have to break some up in order to get one flat layer.
- Pour batter over top of graham crackers, then spread evenly. Add marshmallows on top in rows.
- Bake for 34-36 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool at least ten minutes before eating.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂