Treat your sweet tooth to something different with this Pumpkin Cookie Skillet! Made like any cookie recipe but with healthier ingredients and pumpkin puree for something different.
The most delicious chocolate and pumpkin dessert
Do you ever crave a chocolate chip cookie, but want something a bit different than usual? That’s where this pumpkin cookie skillet comes in.
It’s made with everything you’d expect in a cookie: flour, eggs, oil, sugar… but things take a twist when we sneak in pumpkin puree! Adding this additional ingredient makes for a completely different cookie flavor that tastes incredible and totally hits the spot!
Ingredients in this pumpkin cookie dessert
This cookie skillet uses everything you’d expect in a cookie recipe, with the addition of pumpkin puree!
- Almond flour: First, you’ll need 3 cups of almond flour to create the base of the dough.
- Spices: Spice things up a bit with 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp of ginger.
- Baking soda: From there, include 1/2 tsp of baking soda to help the cookie bake correctly.
- Salt: 1/2 tsp of salt makes a big difference in terms of flavor.
- Eggs: Next, use 2 eggs to help the ingredients bind together properly.
- Coconut oil: 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil brings the dough together.
- Coconut sugar: Sweeten things up with 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- Pumpkin puree: 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree adds the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor.
- Vanilla: Include 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Chocolate bar: Last but not least, the cookie is complete with the addition of 1 chopped chocolate bar!
Tools needed to make this recipe
To make this cookie skillet, you will need a 6-inch cast iron skillet, medium mixing bowl, spatula or spoon, large mixing bowl, and a whisk. For measuring out ingredients, grab 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup sized measuring cups.
How to make a pumpkin cookie skillet
This recipe comes together very easily. We’ll prepare the cookie dough like any other cookie recipe, and then we’ll simply add to a skillet and bake!
To begin, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 6-inch cast iron skillet. You can use a larger skillet, but the cookie will be thinner.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until everything is well combined and a dough forms.
Then, add the chopped chocolate bar, saving some pieces to add on top of the cookie if desired.
Pour the dough into the skillet and press it down to fill out the bottom. Bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Every cookie skillet is even better with some toppings! But for this particular pumpkin flavor, there’s one topping that takes the cake: almond. butter. drizzle.
Oh yeah, adding a light drizzle of melted almond butter on top makes the perfect final touch!
You can also add a chocolate drizzle or complete your piece of cookie skillet with some whipped cream!
How is this cookie skillet healthier?
This pumpkin cookie skillet is made with a few key ingredients that make for a healthier baked treat. With these simple swaps, we’re able to maintain a delicious flavor while cutting back on certain preservatives and chemicals.
Finally, if you want to sneak some nutrients and antioxidants into your cookie skillet, opt for dark chocolate! Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients like fiber, magnesium, and iron.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Here are some more delicious cookie recipes perfect for knocking out even the strongest of sweet tooth cravings!
- Easy Nutella Cookies
- Healthy Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 6inch cast iron skillet. You can use a larger size, however it will just be thinner.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, spices, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined and dough forms.
- Add in chopped chocolate bar, saving some pieces to add to the top if desired.
- Pour dough into skillet and press down to fill out the bottom. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before eating.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂