This week, plan to enjoy this Easy Chicken Provencal! It is a delicious and hearty dish made with chicken thighs, cherry tomatoes, lemon, and various herbs and spices.
A delicious roasted chicken provencal recipe
Are you in the mood for a meal that is absolutely delicious, and just as healthy at the same time? If so, this easy chicken provencal is the perfect recipe to prepare for your next meal.
This recipe uses chicken thighs flavored with garlic, shallots, herbs, and more. It’s topped with cherry tomatoes and black olives, making it a rich and decadent meal! It’s also simple to make, which is always a plus.
Ingredients in this easy chicken provencal recipe
This provencal recipe uses chicken paired with various spices and flavorings. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Chicken thighs: First up is the chicken portion of the recipe! You will need 6 bone-in chicken thighs.
- Salt and pepper: Add flavor with salt and pepper. There’s no distinct measurement to follow; just season as you see fit!
- Oil: Next, 2 tbsp of oil will help create a nice and juicy dish. I recommend using olive oil.
- Cherry tomatoes: For the tomatoes, use 1 cup of any cherry tomato variety.
- Olives: Next, 1 cup of black or green olives will add so much flavor.
- Garlic: Season the dish with 6 cloves of minced garlic.
- Shallots: Then, add 2 shallots, quartered.
- Lemon: Throw in 1 quartered lemon to add a tangy touch.
- Rosemary: Next, 2 tbsp of fresh, roughly chopped rosemary is perfect in this dish.
- Thyme: Follow the rosemary with 2 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- White wine: Last not but least, you will need 1 cup of dry wine. I used chardonnay.
Tools needed to create this recipe
To prepare this easy chicken provencal recipe, you will need a cutting board, a chopping knife, and a large saucepan or cast iron skillet (any pan that can be used in the oven). To measure out ingredients you will need 1 tbsp and 1 cup. Easy!
How to make easy chicken provencal
You can expect chicken provencal to require about 50 minutes, including prep and baking time.
To get started, heat the oven to 400°F.
Then, liberally salt and pepper each chicken thigh.
Next, heat the oil in a large saucepan, cast iron skillet, or any pan that can be transferred to the oven.
Once the oil is hot, cook the chicken thighs skin side down for 5 minutes. Then, flip and cook for 5 more minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic, shallots, and lemon, and secure them into all of the crevices.
Sprinkle the rosemary and thyme all over the dish, and then pour over the white wine.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Serve over rice or potatoes, or with a baguette.
What to serve with chicken provencal
When it comes to serving this recipe, I think it pairs perfectly with a light Mediterranean salad! You can also pair it with greens or any sort of veggie dish.
Leftover chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Be sure to use an airtight container to keep it nice and fresh! To reheat, simply place in the oven for about 10 minutes or microwave in 15-30 second intervals.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
We’ve got your dinners ready to go for the week ahead. Here are four more recipes to try!
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup olives (black or green)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used chardonnay)
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Liberally salt and pepper each chicken thigh.
- In a large saucepan, cast iron skillet, or any pan that can be transferred to the oven, heat oil.
- Once hot, cook chicken thighs skin side down for 5 minutes. Then flip over and cook 5 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic, shallots, and lemon, securing them into the crevices.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme all over dish. Then pour white wine over dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken temperature reaches 165F.
- Let cool ten minutes.
- Serve over rice, potatoes, or with a baguette.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂