Try this refreshing and tangy pomegranate margarita! It’s a fruity twist on the classic margarita that’s just as vibrant in taste as it is in color. Perfect for those evenings when you’re in the mood for a little something special, this pomegranate margarita recipe is sure to become one of your favorite go-to cocktails!
Pomegranate margarita: A twist on the classic cocktail
There’s nothing quite like a refreshing cocktail to enjoy right at home. Whether it’s game night with all of your friends or just a quiet date night at home, having a delicious drink in hand is always a must.
And when it comes to cocktails, margaritas are an all-time favorite for many (myself included!).
But have you ever thought about adding a fruity twist to this classic drink? If not, then get ready to be blown away by my recipe for pomegranate margaritas!
It has a tantalizing fusion of sweet, tart, and citrusy flavors that make your taste buds do a happy dance. Its deep ruby hue, courtesy of the fresh pomegranate juice, is so pretty to look at. The acid from the lime juice perfectly balances the sweetness of the pomegranate, while a sprinkle of salt on the rim adds a savory contrast.
If you’re hooked, keep reading to find out just how to make it!
Making a delicious cocktail like this juicy pomegranate margarita doesn’t need to be complicated!
Here’s a bit more about what I used:
- Tequila: The base of any good margarita! I recommend using a blanco or silver tequila for a cleaner taste. If you are making a gluten-free margarita, make sure to use tequila that is labeled “100% agave”. You’ll need 6 ounces.
- Pomegranate Juice: The star of this drink! Look for 100% pomegranate juice without added sugars or preservatives. I try to avoid the sugary syrup kind if I can. I used 6 ounces.
- Peach Schnapps: A splash of peach schnapps adds a little sweetness and fruity flavor to the mix. If you don’t have any on hand, you can substitute with triple sec or simple syrup. You’ll need 3 ounces.
- Fresh Lime Juice: You can’t skip the lime juice in this recipe! It adds that classic tangy taste to balance out the sweet pomegranate. Try to use freshly squeezed lime juice over bottled for the best flavor. You’ll need 3 ounces.
- Lime Seltzer: For a little fizz and extra flavor, I added in some lime seltzer. You can also use club soda or sparkling water.
- Salt Rim and Lime Wedges: For garnish, you’ll need some salt to rim your glasses and a few lime wedges for extra flavor.
- Pomegranate Arils: This is optional, but I love adding a few pomegranate arils to the drink for garnish and extra flavor! They add a nice little pop of color too.
Kitchen tools required
Here’s a bit more information about what I used to make these seasonal margaritas…
- Cocktail Shaker
- Margarita Glasses
For measuring, you will need a Jigger (to measure liqueur in ounces)!
How to make pomegranate margaritas
Making this pomegranate margarita recipe is as easy as 1-2-3!
To start, throw some ice into a shaker.
Add tequila, pomegranate juice, peach schnapps, and lime juice. Shake it up real good!
Get those glasses all salted up and filled with ice.
Pour the margarita mix in until it’s about 3/4 full. Top it off with some seltzer and give it a gentle stir.
Don’t forget to add a lime wedge. Now, enjoy!
What to serve with a pomegranate margarita
Whenever I whip up a batch of these pomegranate margaritas, I love to make a few snacks and appetizers to enjoy in between sips.
They’re easy to make and perfect for snacking on while sipping your pomegranate margarita.
Below are some common margarita questions. Don’t see the answer you’re looking for? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post!
Can I use frozen pomegranate juice?
Absolutely! Just let it thaw before using it in the margarita recipe.
What other spirits can I use instead of tequila?
You can substitute with vodka or gin for a different flavor profile.
How do I make a big batch of these margaritas?
Simply multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you want and mix everything in a large pitcher. Then pour over ice when ready to serve!
Can I use fresh pomegranate juice?
Yes, but keep in mind that fresh juice may not have as strong of a flavor as store-bought juice, so you may need to adjust the amount used.
Can I make the pomegranate margarita ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the mix ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Just add the seltzer or sparkling water when ready to serve to keep it fresh and bubbly.
If you happen to have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container or pitcher in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just give it a quick stir before serving again.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Here are some of my favorite cocktail recipes you should make next. Enjoy!
- Peach Margarita Recipe
- Coconut Margarita
- Easy Watermelon Margarita
- Holiday Cranberry Margarita
- Apple Cider Margarita
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 6oz blanco tequila
- 6oz pomegranate juice
- 3oz peach schnapps
- 3oz lime juice
- lime seltzer
- Add ice to a shaker.
- Pour in tequila, pomegranate juice, peach schnapps, and lime juice. Shake vigorously.
- Rim glasses with salt and add ice.
- Pour margarita mixture into the glass until 3/4 full. Top with seltzer and stir gently. Add lime wedge. Enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂