Dive into a blend of savory and sweet flavors with this incredible Baked Hot Honey Feta Dip recipe. Made with feta, cream cheese, hot honey, pistachios, and chives, it’s perfect for game day or enjoying as a flavorful appetizer!
Easy and delicious hot honey feta dip
It’s officially fall, which means it’s officially football season, and therefore it’s officially dip season. Anyone else with me?
This baked hot honey feta dip is the perfect appetizer or snack to serve on game day or to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon with your favorite beverage. The delicious honey flavors work perfectly with the cream cheese, chives, and feta to create the dreamiest savory and creamy dip!
The recipe comes together easily and is made complete with an incredible pistachio and chives topping. You’re going to absolutely love it when paired with your favorite pita chips. Let’s dive in!
Ingredients in baked hot honey feta dip
This recipe has two ingredient sets: those for the dip, and those for the topping. The dip will consist of a feta and cream cheese base, while the topping will bring in extra flavor with hot honey, pistachios, chives, and sea salt.
- Feta: First up for this recipe, you will need one 8oz block of feta cheese. It will need to be broken up into chunks.
- Cream cheese: Next, you will need 2oz of softened cream cheese. Cream cheese typically comes in 8oz bars, so you will need 1/4 of a bar.
- Hot honey: Then, use 2 tbsp of hot honey.
- Olive oil: Follow the hot honey with 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Chives: Last but not least, finish up the feta dip base with 2 tbsp of fresh chopped chives.
- Hot honey: For the topping, start with 3 tbsp of hot honey.
- Pistachios: Next, you will need 1/4 cup of roasted and salted pistachios. They need to be roughly chopped.
- Chives: Following the pistachios, use 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Flaky sea salt: Finally, finish off the topping with some flaky sea salt.
Tools needed to make this spicy honey feta dip
This recipe only requires a couple of kitchen tools. Below is everything you’ll need:
- Foot processor
- Baking dish
- 1 tbsp and 1/4 cup sized measuring cups
How to make hot honey feta dip
Like many dips, this one comes together incredibly easily. It’s made of just two layers, making it a quick and easy snack to whip together!
To begin making this recipe, preheat the oven to 400°F.
Next, pour the mix into a small baking dish and bake for 12 minutes.
Once baked, remove from the oven and top with the hot honey, pistachios, chives, and flaky salt. Serve with pita chips.
What to serve with this dish
This dish makes a fabulous appetizer, meaning you can follow it with any sort of main course!
Why is my feta dip runny?
Runny feta dip can be caused by over-mixing. When mixing in the food processor, make sure everything is just combined. Do not over-blend.
Can you freeze feta cheese dip?
Though it can be frozen, I recommend enjoying feta dip shortly after it is made and storing it only in the refrigerator. It lasts for around 5-7 days when refrigerated. Freezing can sometimes mess with the texture.
Is feta cheese healthy?
Like many foods, feta cheese is great to enjoy in reasonable amounts. It is high in protein, making this a great protein-rich, filling snack! Feta is also a source of calcium, vitamin B12, copper, and zinc.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
If you’re like me, you probably love dip. Here are some more delicious recipes to try! The buffalo cauliflower dip is always a hit.
Recipe by Erin Morrissey and Photos by The Mindful Hapa
- 8oz feta block, broken up into chunks
- 2oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp hot honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 3 tbsp hot honey
- 1/4 cup roasted + salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- flakey sea salt
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂