Your favorite snack wrap just got more nutritious (and more delicious). Try this Vegan Copycat Snack Wrap for a protein-rich plant-based meal!
This post is made in partnership with Nowadays. All opinions are my own.
The most delicious plant-based nuggets. Ever.
Have you ever found yourself absolutely craving a snack wrap, but avoiding them because you know they’re less than nutritious? I think we all have. But starting now, “snackwraps” and “unhealthy” no longer have to go hand in hand. Today, I’m showing you how to make a more nutritious version of your favorite snack-approved wrap. Oh, and it’s also 100% vegan!
These juicy, crispy snack wraps are made with delicious nuggets from Nowadays. Nowadays nuggets are hands down the best vegan option because they’re truly good, and they’re filled with 13 grams of protein and only 3.5g of fat, 120 calories, and 7g of net carbs! They don’t contain saturated fat, either. That beats “real” chicken nuggets by a mile. Another win? They’re made with 7 plant-based ingredients, including yellow peas, whole wheat flour, sunflower oil, yeast extract, maple fiber, mushroom extract, and filtered water.
So… what does that mean, exactly? It means they’re made without GMOs, soy, or junk! No chemicals or preservatives to see here, folks!
I love Nowadays nuggets because they make a super convenient meal or snack no matter how you enjoy them, and they’re also ready in less than 20 minutes! Including them in a snack wrap? Well, that basically creates the flavor jackpot.
Ingredients in vegan snack wraps
Copycat snack wraps are made with only 5 ingredients: tortillas, nuggets, ranch, lettuce, and cheese. To keep them vegan, we’ll use a homemade ranch consisting of dairy-free ingredients, lemon juice, and herbs. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets: First up for the wraps, you will need 15 Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets. These will amount to 5 packed and flavorful wraps!
- Tortillas: Next, you’ll need 5 8-inch tortillas to hold the fillings.
- Vegan ranch: As for the ranch, you will need about 1 cup to use across all 5 wraps. See the ingredient list below.
- Lettuce: Use 1 cup of shredded lettuce, spread out among all of the wraps.
- Diced Tomato: Use 1 cup diced tomato to add some color and juicy flavor!
- Vegan cheese: Last but not least, finish off the wraps with 1 cup of shredded vegan cheese!
- Dairy free yogurt: The base of the vegan ranch is made with 3/4 cup of dairy-free yogurt. Any brand will work, but make sure it’s a plain flavor.
- Dairy free mayonnaise: Next, you will need 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise.
- Lemon juice: Add a slight tang by including 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Salt & pepper: Flavor up the ranch by adding 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Seasonings and herbs: Last but not least, complete the ranch with 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of dried parsley, and 1 tbsp of fresh dill.
Kitchen tools you’ll need to prepare vegan wraps
To make your homemade snack wraps, you will need a mixing bowl and a whisk. You will need a baking sheet or an air fryer to cook the nuggets. Finally, to measure out ingredients, you will need 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tbsp, 1/4 cup, 3/4 cup and 1 cup-sized measuring cups.
How to make a vegan copycat snack wrap
Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets snack wraps are so easy to prepare. The nuggets are cooked, the ranch ingredients are whisked together, and then it’s just a matter of assembly!
To begin, start with the ranch. Prepare it by whisking all of the ingredients together, and then set it aside.
Next, cook the nowadays plant-based nuggets according to the instructions on the box. I like to cook them in the air fryer.
Start an assembly line by laying out five tortillas.
To each tortilla, add 3 tbsp of ranch followed by 3 tbsp of shredded lettuce and 3 tbsp of the vegan cheese.
Then, add three Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets to each tortilla, and roll the tortillas into wraps. Do this by tucking in the sides and rolling them from the bottom.
Cut the wraps in half, and enjoy! If preferred, you can enjoy them without cutting in half.
How these snack wraps are more nutritious
“Nutritious” isn’t usually a word used to describe snack wraps… until now. By using Nowadays, we’re able to use a more nutritious (and more sustainable!) alternative to regular chicken nuggets while also fueling up on plant-based protein.
Nowadays nuggets fit into any healthy lifestyle thanks to their protein-rich, low-calorie, and low-carb makeup. They’re the perfect quick and easy meal option too, making both the nuggets and these snack wraps great for busy lifestyles.
Are vegan chicken nuggets calling your name? Check out their store locator on their website to find them near you!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Here are some more vegan recipes to load up on this week!
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Vegan Buffalo Sauce (AMAZING with Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets!)
- Chocolate Almond Butter Shortbread Bars
All recipes by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Sierra Inn
- 15 Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets
- 5 8inch tortillas
- 1 cup vegan ranch (see below)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 3/4 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1/4 dairy free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- Prepare ranch by whisking all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cook Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets according to box. I prefer air fryer.
- Start an assembly line by laying out five tortillas.
- Add 3 tbsp ranch, followed by 3 tbsp shredded lettuce, followed by 3 tbsp cheese on each of the tortillas.
- Add three Nowadays Plant-Based Nuggets on top of each tortilla and roll into wrap. Tuck in sides and roll up from the bottom.
- Cut in half or enjoy as is!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂