Enjoy the spicy, tangy, flavorful taste of this delicious Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad. Ready in just 10 minutes, this tasty dish is perfect for enjoying multiple ways — on crackers, bread, salad, you name it!
Easy and quick buffalo chicken salad
What’s easy to make, tastes great, and is perfect for football Sunday? Buffalo chicken salad, of course!
This delicious buffalo chicken salad recipe comes together in hardly any time at all and is perfect for your snacking lineup. It’s made with loads of flavorful ingredients like celery, red onion, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese, making it a savory and mouth-watering dish.
Enjoy it with your favorite chips, on a wrap (tortilla or lettuce wraps would both be delicious), on bread for a chicken salad sandwich, or with crackers for ultimate snackin’!
And did I mention how good this stuff is?
Ingredients in healthy buffalo chicken salad
This recipe is made with a flavorful group of mix-ins, as well as a few veggies and some protein-packed Greek yogurt. Below is everything you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts: Kick off your buffalo chicken salad with 3 large cooked chicken breasts. These will create the base of the dish.
- Celery: 3/4 cup diced celery is the first veggie in this dish and contributes both flavor and texture.
- Red onion: Follow the celery with 1/2 cup of diced red onion. This ingredient adds so much to the taste!
- Buffalo sauce: You can’t have buffalo chicken salad without buffalo sauce! This recipe utilizes 1/2 cup.
- Greek yogurt: Make your dish creamy and delicious with 1 cup of 5% plain Greek yogurt.
- Blue cheese: 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles add a delicious layer to this recipe.
- Salt: Include 1/2 tsp of salt for good measure.
- Garlic powder: Finally, finish off this recipe with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
Feel free to add pepper to taste as well if preferred! You can also sprinkle in onion powder, a light dash of lemon juice for a bit of tang, and/or a touch of parsley to garnish.
Tools used to create this recipe
The main tools that you’ll need to create this recipe include a food processor and various measuring cups. If shredding chicken by hand, you can skip the food processor and use a fork and plate instead. For measuring ingredients, you will need 1/2 tsp, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup, and 1 cup sized measuring cups.
How to make this healthy buffalo chicken salad recipe
Nothing is better than a quick and easy recipe, and this one is just that! The whole dish comes together in under 10 minutes and feeds a crowd, as it amounts to 8 heaping 1/2 cup servings.
To begin, start by adding the chicken to a food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. This will create the shredded chicken. Alternatively, you may shred it by hand.
Next, add the shredded chicken to a large bowl, followed by the entire ingredient list. Mix everything together until well combined.
Serve on bread, with chips, in a wrap, or on a salad!
Skip a step
Want to make this recipe even faster and easier? Feel free to use a rotisserie chicken! You’ll also be left with some leftover chicken, providing some protein for another meal. Win-win!
Is chicken salad considered healthy?
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s made with better ingredients to fill it with as many nutrients as possible! One key swap that this recipe uses is Greek yogurt. It takes the place of mayo and tastes delicious! Calories vary depending on the ingredients types used, but overall this dish sneaks in nutrients and veggies and is full of great flavors too. It contains fiber, calcium, vitamin C, and a whopping 28g of protein serving!
What to pair with buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken salad/sandwiches/wraps pair perfectly with so many side dishes! Enjoy it with appetizer-style sides like Hot Sriracha Chicken Dip, Easy Avocado Feta Dip, Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts, or Healthier Sweet and Sour Meatballs. And of course, what’s better than a side of classic buffalo wings paired with homemade ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and/or hot sauce?
What chips go well with buffalo chicken salad?
When it comes to chips, you have a lot of options! Pair your buffchic salad with good ol’ potato chips, tortilla chips, Fritos, pita chips, or even Ritz crackers!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
If you loved this buffalo chicken recipe, get excited because there are more where that came from! Enjoy!
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Tacos
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup
All recipes by Erin Morrissey and Photos by Sierra Inn
- 3 large cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup 5% plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- To finely shred chicken, add to food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. Alternatively shred by hand.
- Add shredded chicken to a large bowl, and then add entire ingredient list. Mix all together until well combined.
- Serve on bread, with chips, in a wrap, or on a salad!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂