Nothing cools you down quite like a tart and tangy ice-cold beverage. On a hot summer day, this Apple Cider Spritz is just what the heat ordered! Made with apple cider, vanilla vodka, lemon juice, and prosecco, this beverage hits the spot and provides a cozy edge. It’s great for enjoying through the summer and into autumn!
A little bit tart, a little bit tangy
What do you get when you mix apple cider with lemon juice and vodka? Well, that’s easy! You get a refreshing and flavorful apple cider spritz! This beverage is one of my favorites, thanks in part to the cinnamon garnish and in part to the prosecco added on top.
If you visit me this season during the cooler weather, you can guarantee you’ll be enjoying one of these once 5 o’clock rolls around. I’m going to be making this recipe all. summer. long.
Move over, classic aperol spritz, this spiced apple cider spritz is the new drink this holiday season!
Ingredients in this easy apple cider spritz
The base of this recipe starts with apple cider, but then we spice things up (figuratively) with the addition of vodka, vanilla, lemon juice, prosecco, and cinnamon!
- Apple cider: Start off with 6oz of your favorite apple cider. I love when this starts hitting shelves near the need of the summer. It’s a reminder that the heat will be letting up soon and cozy days are just around the corner!
- Vodka: Next, use your vodka of choice and add 2oz! Any brand works and plain or vanilla-flavored variations are best!
- Vanilla extract: This next ingredient is where things get interesting. Add 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract to enhance the drink’s flavor. It sounds strange, but trust me!
- Lemon juice: Add a tangy component with a touch (.5 oz) of lemon juice. This is a must, so definitely don’t skip this step!
- Prosecco: Finally, finish off the beverage with 4oz of prosecco. This sparkling wine will add some bubbly and flavor. It typically has a lemon apple flavor, making it perfect for this drink!
- Ice: You’ll need a handful of ice to make the drink nice and chilled.
- Garnishes: Garnish with apple slices and a cinnamon stick. Not only does this make the presentation that much better, but it also enhances the flavor!
Apple cider prosecco spritz kitchen tools
Only a few kitchen items are required to make this drink. If you don’t have a shaker, that’s okay! Simply pour your ingredients over ice and give them a few seconds of stirring. They should chill up rather quickly.
- Large wine glass
- Cocktail shaker
- Oz measuring device (also called a jigger)
- 1/4 tsp measuring cup
How to make an apple cider spritz with vodka
Making this drink couldn’t be simpler! Just shake, pour over ice, and garnish.
First, fill a large wine glass with ice.
Then, grab a cocktail shaker and add the apple cider, vanilla vodka, vanilla, and lemon juice. Shake vigorously.
Pour the mixture into the wine glass and top with prosecco or a splash of club soda. Add the apple slices and cinnamon stick as a garnish. Use the stick to stir the beverage around, and then leave it in the glass. You could even upgrade this spritz with a cinnamon sugar rim.
Snacks to enjoy with an apple cider spritz
Whether you’re in the mood for pairing your drink with something salty or sweet, there is a fun app-style dish for you to enjoy!
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you customize this spritz to your liking.
Can I use lime juice?
Absolutely! Lime juice will provide that tangy flavor that we’re going for. You can use it to replace the lemon juice if preferred.
Can I omit vodka?
If you’d like to skip the vodka, simply swap it with Sprite or 7Up!
How can I skip the prosecco?
The same goes for the prosecco — Sprite or 7Up can be used instead. For less sugar, you can use club soda. Bubbles are key for making this ultimate fall cocktail.
What slice of apple works best for garnishing?
This just depends on your preference! Go with granny smith for a tangier, more sour flavor. For a more subdued flavor, gala. For a sweeter taste, red delicious!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll want to try these!
Try these refreshing beverages next! There are so many different flavor options. The peach margarita is the best!
Photos by Moriah Sawtelle and recipe by Erin Antoniak.
- 6oz apple cider
- 2oz vanilla vodka
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- .5oz lemon juice
- 4oz prosecco
- cinnamon stick
- apple slices
- Fill a large wine glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, add apple cider, vodka, vanilla, and lemon juice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into glass with ice, top with prosecco. Add apple slices and then mix with cinnamon stick, leaving in the glass.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting Erin Lives Whole, it helps keep this blog afloat 🙂